Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Michał Górny-5
Hello, everyone.

Due to long-time inactivity, the following packages are now up for
grabs.  Given the length of the list, please forgive me for any
mistakes.

app-admin/bcfg2
app-admin/conkyforecast
app-admin/elektra
app-admin/makepasswd
app-admin/tmpreaper
app-arch/advancecomp
app-backup/backintime
app-benchmarks/gtkperf
app-crypt/codegroup
app-editors/jupp
app-emulation/simh
app-eselect/eselect-opencascade
app-laptop/thinkfan
app-misc/cbrpager
app-misc/freeplane
app-misc/golly
app-misc/gtk-sunlight
app-misc/hddled
app-misc/hexcompare
app-misc/logserial
app-misc/pystopwatch
app-misc/qlcplus
app-misc/toilet
app-misc/wipe
app-portage/porticron
app-shells/autojump
app-text/llpp
app-text/paps
app-text/pdfshuffler
app-text/xmldiff
app-text/zathura-cb
app-text/zathura-djvu
app-text/zathura-meta
app-text/zathura-pdf-mupdf
app-text/zathura-pdf-poppler
app-text/zathura-ps
app-text/zathura
dev-db/sqlitebrowser
dev-libs/girara
dev-libs/libcli
dev-libs/libcxml
dev-libs/libmodbus
dev-libs/locked_sstream
dev-libs/rote
dev-python/pyClamd
dev-python/pycollada
dev-python/pyopengl_accelerate
dev-python/python-linux-procfs
dev-python/rencode
dev-util/apitrace
dev-util/biew
dev-util/cppcheck
dev-util/fatrace
dev-util/makeheaders
dev-util/pycharm-community
dev-util/pycharm-professional
dev-util/waf
dev-vcs/rabbitvcs
media-fonts/termsyn
media-gfx/icc_examin
media-gfx/openscad
media-gfx/recoverjpeg
media-gfx/zbar
media-libs/icc-profiles-basiccolor-printing2009
media-libs/icc-profiles-openicc
media-libs/libXcm
media-libs/libasdcp-cth
media-libs/libbmp
media-libs/libdcp
media-libs/libsub
media-libs/oyranos
media-libs/raspberrypi-userland-bin
media-radio/KochMorse
media-sound/baudline
media-sound/spek
media-video/dcpomatic
net-analyzer/bing
net-analyzer/dietsniff
net-analyzer/netsniff-ng
net-analyzer/tcping
net-analyzer/thc-ipv6
net-dns/dnssec-check
net-dns/dnssec-root
net-dns/dnssec-tools
net-dns/dnssec-validator
net-dns/totd
net-ftp/oftpd
net-libs/enet
net-libs/nacl
net-mail/fdm
net-misc/aget
net-misc/arpd
net-misc/balance
net-misc/batctl
net-misc/batman-adv
net-misc/gofish
net-misc/hotot
net-misc/knock
net-misc/minidlna
net-misc/ncp
net-misc/ndisc6
net-misc/netkit-bootparamd
net-misc/netkit-bootpd
net-misc/rancid-git
net-misc/rancid
net-misc/secpanel
net-nds/ldapvi
net-p2p/ncdc
net-proxy/tayga
net-vpn/aiccu
net-vpn/isatapd
net-wireless/horst
sci-electronics/osqoop
sci-geosciences/gpxpy
sci-libs/opencascade
sys-auth/fingerprint-gui
sys-auth/fprint_demo
sys-auth/fprintd
sys-auth/libnss-cache
sys-auth/pam_fprint
sys-auth/thinkfinger
sys-boot/raspberrypi-firmware
sys-boot/raspberrypi-mkimage
sys-fs/ncdu
sys-kernel/raspberrypi-image
sys-kernel/raspberrypi-sources
sys-power/phc-intel
www-apps/blazeblogger
www-plugins/mozplugger
x11-misc/simpleswitcher
x11-misc/trayer-srg
x11-misc/wmname
x11-misc/xwinwrap
x11-plugins/pidgin-led-notification
x11-plugins/pidgin-privacy-please
x11-wm/cwm
x11-wm/sithwm
x11-wm/spectrwm
x11-wm/xpra

Michał Górny

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Michał Górny-5
On Sun, 2018-11-25 at 11:04 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
> app-arch/advancecomp
> net-misc/minidlna

I'm going to take these two.

Michał Górny

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

James Le Cuirot
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 11:04:57 +0100
Michał Górny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> www-plugins/mozplugger

In this day and age, this one should probably be last-rited. I'm sorry
to say I don't really use any of the others. :|

--
James Le Cuirot (chewi)
Gentoo Linux Developer

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

waebbl

Michał Górny <[hidden email]> schrieb am So., 25. Nov. 2018 um 11:05 Uhr:
app-eselect/eselect-opencascade
dev-python/pycollada
media-gfx/openscad
sci-libs/opencascade

I'd take these four
Regards Bernd

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Victor Kustov
Hi

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 11:04:57 +0100
Michał Górny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> media-gfx/openscad
> app-eselect/eselect-opencascade
> sci-libs/opencascade

Give it to me if no one pretend.

And need think about:
sys-auth/fingerprint-gui
sys-auth/fprint_demo
sys-auth/fprintd
sys-auth/pam_fprint

--
  С уважением,            |  Best regards,
          Виктор Кустов   |          Victor Kustov

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Conrad Kostecki
Am 25.11.2018 11:04:57, "Michał Górny" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

>app-admin/makepasswd
>app-laptop/thinkfan
>app-misc/wipe
>net-analyzer/tcping
I would like to maintain these packages, since I am using these by
myself.

Conrad

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Michał Górny-5
On Sun, 2018-11-25 at 11:04 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
> Due to long-time inactivity, the following packages are now up for
> grabs.  Given the length of the list, please forgive me for any
> mistakes.

I'm sorry, the original mail missed those two packages:

app-shells/push
app-shells/quoter

(I've taken both as deps of eix)

Also, it missed the eclass:

netsurf.eclass

Michał Górny

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Ulrich Mueller-2

> Due to long-time inactivity, the following packages are now up for
> grabs.  Given the length of the list, please forgive me for any
> mistakes.

> app-editors/jupp

Emacs team will take this one.

Ulrich

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Mikle Kolyada-2

On 25.11.2018 13:04, Michał Górny wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> Due to long-time inactivity, the following packages are now up for
> grabs.  Given the length of the list, please forgive me for any
> mistakes.
[snip]
> app-text/zathura-cb
> app-text/zathura-djvu
> app-text/zathura-meta
> app-text/zathura-pdf-mupdf
> app-text/zathura-pdf-poppler
> app-text/zathura-ps
> app-text/zathura
> dev-libs/girara
I will take zathura and co (already on this)

> sys-auth/pam_fprint

pam team added here

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Anthony G. Basile
On 11/25/18 5:04 AM, Michał Górny wrote:

> net-misc/arpd

This is an important package.  I can take care of it.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
GnuPG ID  : F52D4BBA

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Ralph Seichter-2
* Michał Górny:

> media-radio/KochMorse

That seems interesting, I'll take it.

> net-vpn/aiccu

Is this still being used? SixXS terminated services on 2017-06-06 (see
https://www.sixxs.net/sunset/).

-Ralph

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Matt Turner-5

I'll take this.

On Sun, 2018-11-25 at 17:26 +0100, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> * Michał Górny:
>
> > media-radio/KochMorse
>
> That seems interesting, I'll take it.

Also note that there's a packaging request for media-radio/morse which
seemed relevant (and was assigned to xmw).

Michał Górny

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Ralph Seichter-2
* Michał Górny:

> Also note that there's a packaging request for media-radio/morse which
> seemed relevant (and was assigned to xmw).

Different beasts. "kochmorse" is authored by Hannes Matuschek, with a
release two months ago. The last release of Eric S. Raymond's "Morse
Classic" was about five years ago.

-Ralph

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier
[2018-11-25 11:04:57] Michał Górny:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> Due to long-time inactivity, the following packages are now up for
> grabs.  Given the length of the list, please forgive me for any
> mistakes.

Can I take theses as a proxy-maintainer? Thanks.
> app-misc/golly
> app-misc/hexcompare
> app-misc/toilet

Theses last three seems quite important so I encourage a developer to
take them but I can too as I use them.
> dev-util/waf
> net-dns/dnssec-root
> net-libs/nacl

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Virgil Dupras-2
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 11:52:19 +0100
Michał Górny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also, it missed the eclass:
>
> netsurf.eclass

I've been getting rid of netsurf.eclass' usage. This can soon be
last-rited. Only two-stabilizations away from that goal.

Virgil

Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

Benda Xu
Michał Górny <[hidden email]> writes:

> x11-wm/xpra

I take this, the "X Persistent Remote Apps".

Benda

Re: Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o

grozin
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018, Michał Górny wrote:
> dev-util/pycharm-community
I'll take this one.

Andrey

netsurf Prefix breakage (Was: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o)

Benda Xu
Hi Virgil,

Virgil Dupras <[hidden email]> writes:

> I've been getting rid of netsurf.eclass' usage. This can soon be
> last-rited. Only two-stabilizations away from that goal.

I am sorry to raise this, but your migration of netsurf.eclass into
dev-util/netsurf-buildsystem is not a 1-1 feature copy of the old
eclass.  The new ebuild breaks Prefix.  For example,

  NSSHARED=/usr/share/netsurf-buildsystem

This is a serious regression for Prefix and caught a lot of users
without a warning.  Could you please discuss on this kind of changes in
the mailing list beforehand?

Yours,
Benda

Re: netsurf Prefix breakage (Was: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o)

Virgil Dupras-2
On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 20:34:56 +0800
Benda Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is a serious regression for Prefix and caught a lot of users
> without a warning.  Could you please discuss on this kind of changes in
> the mailing list beforehand?

Discussing this change on the list? I haven't touched the eclass, I
simply fixed the xmw-abandoned netsurf package which had been broken for
3 months prior to that (and by broken, I don't mean only on Prefix. Why
talk about 1-1 features in those situations?). Fixing packages without
touching eclasses doesn't require gentoo-dev review.

Also, netsurf doesn't have any prefix keyword. Some of the lower-level
libs have ~m68k-mint, but it isn't clear why because the only
non-netsurf revdep to those libs is net-libs/libwebsockets and it isn't
keyworded for prefix either.

Please, open a ticket on the appropriate package with a description
of an actual breakage and I'll be deligthed to address it.

Regards,
Virgil