Prefix Dilemma

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Prefix Dilemma

Nathan Smith-5
In the process of following the OS X prefix bootsrap guide (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-macos.xml) I run into a snag:

When I start using portage, the emerges fail with the following error:

man:
QA Notice: /usr outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5 outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/AUTHORS.gz outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/BUGS.gz outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5 /ChangeLog.gz outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/examples outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/NEWS.gz outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/README-alpha.gz outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/README.boot.gz outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/README.gz outside of prefix
QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/THANKS.gz outside of prefix

!!! ERROR: sys-apps/sed- 4.1.5 failed.
Call stack:
  , line :   Called die

!!! Aborting due to QA concerns: 13 files installed outside the prefix
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
!!! A complete build log is located at '/Users/nathansmith/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/sed-4.1.5/temp/build.log'.

!!! install_qa_check failed; exiting.
___

FEATURES="nodoc noman" gets around it for the time being.  Any hints would be appreciated.

--
Nathan Smith
[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [PREFIX] sed QA issues

Fabian Groffen-2
(Please send follow-ups to the gentoo-alt mailing list instead.)

Hi Nathan,

In order to be able to say anything about this, can you answer these
questions:
Are you sure the bootstrap-prefix.sh file you downloaded is up-to-date?
Can you post your emerge --info output?

On 13-02-2007 21:25:41 -0800, Nathan Smith wrote:

> In the process of following the OS X prefix bootsrap guide
> ([1]http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-macos.xml
> ) I run into a snag:
> When I start using portage, the emerges fail with the following error:
> man:
> QA Notice: /usr outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5 outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/AUTHORS.gz outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/BUGS.gz outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5 /ChangeLog.gz outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/examples outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/NEWS.gz outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/README-alpha.gz outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/README.boot.gz outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/README.gz outside of prefix
> QA Notice: /usr/share/doc/sed-4.1.5/THANKS.gz outside of prefix
> !!! ERROR: sys-apps/sed- 4.1.5 failed.
> Call stack:
>   , line :   Called die
> !!! Aborting due to QA concerns: 13 files installed outside the prefix
> !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
> stack if relevant.
> !!! A complete build log is located at
> '/Users/nathansmith/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/sed-4.1.5/temp/buil
> d.log'.
> !!! install_qa_check failed; exiting.
> ___
> FEATURES="nodoc noman" gets around it for the time being.  Any hints
> would be appreciated.
> --

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Loading...