Question about Absence for today's meeting

Question about Absence for today's meeting

Thomas Anderson-10
Hi,

    According to my logs Luca Barbato(lu_zero) did not speak from 8
    minutes prior to the meeting to 37 minutes into the meeting. Luca,
    do you think you should be marked as absent for this meeting?

Cheers,
Thomas
--
---------
Thomas Anderson

Re: Question about Absence for today's meeting

Mike Frysinger
On Thursday 12 March 2009 20:42:18 Thomas Anderson wrote:
>     According to my logs Luca Barbato(lu_zero) did not speak from 8
>     minutes prior to the meeting to 37 minutes into the meeting. Luca,
>     do you think you should be marked as absent for this meeting?

if someone showed up for the meeting, they do not get marked absent.  slacker
marks have been used for people who do not show up entirely.
-mike

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:22:54AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 12 March 2009 20:42:18 Thomas Anderson wrote:
> >     According to my logs Luca Barbato(lu_zero) did not speak from 8
> >     minutes prior to the meeting to 37 minutes into the meeting. Luca,
> >     do you think you should be marked as absent for this meeting?
>
> if someone showed up for the meeting, they do not get marked absent.  slacker
> marks have been used for people who do not show up entirely.
> -mike

Uh, maybe that's what you guys did when you were on the council, but
that's not the way we've been doing it. What we've been doing is: If
the person is more than 15 minutes late, they are absent. The only real
reason I'm sending this mail is because Luca spoke 8 minutes before the
meeting.

--
---------
Thomas Anderson
Areas of responsibility:
AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council
---------

Re: Question about Absence for today's meeting

Donnie Berkholz-2
On 00:22 Fri 13 Mar     , Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 12 March 2009 20:42:18 Thomas Anderson wrote:
> >     According to my logs Luca Barbato(lu_zero) did not speak from 8
> >     minutes prior to the meeting to 37 minutes into the meeting.
> >     Luca, do you think you should be marked as absent for this
> >     meeting?
>
> if someone showed up for the meeting, they do not get marked absent.
> slacker marks have been used for people who do not show up entirely.

Being gone for 40 minutes is vastly different now that we're keeping
meetings to only 60 minutes than it used to be when they'd stretch to 3
or 4 hours. If you've missed 2/3 of the meeting, it's not just being a
little late anymore..

Donnie

Donnie Berkholz
Developer, Gentoo Linux
Blog: http://dberkholz.wordpress.com

Re: Question about Absence for today's meeting

solar-4
On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 20:42 -0400, Thomas Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     According to my logs Luca Barbato(lu_zero) did not speak from 8
>     minutes prior to the meeting to 37 minutes into the meeting. Luca,
>     do you think you should be marked as absent for this meeting?
>
> Cheers,

Please stop witch hunting and focus on the things that the council
itself is supposed to be focusing on. The guy is clearly active on the
topics proposed before the council.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 02:09:18AM -0700, Ned Ludd wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 20:42 -0400, Thomas Anderson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >     According to my logs Luca Barbato(lu_zero) did not speak from 8
> >     minutes prior to the meeting to 37 minutes into the meeting. Luca,
> >     do you think you should be marked as absent for this meeting?
> >
> > Cheers,
>

> Please stop witch hunting and focus on the things that the council
> itself is supposed to be focusing on. The guy is clearly active on the
> topics proposed before the council.

I realize that, but some "boring" things still need to be done. Some
council members have even remarked to me that I should be doing things
like this. Also, It's not like Luca will be marked a slacker unless
he misses next meeting too.

--
---------
Thomas Anderson