RE: sys-libs/glibc-2.3.6-r3 fails to compile (was php crashing)

RE: sys-libs/glibc-2.3.6-r3 fails to compile (was php crashing)

Leif Sawyer
Gustavo Zacarias writes:

> Leif Sawyer wrote:
>> I'm not running the build as hardend now.
>>
>> But I'll give it a try anyhow.  Anything to get this
>> fraking build to complete successfully.
>
> If you switched from USE="hardened" to non-hardened half-way
> you will have issues.
> Also it's highly recommended when upgrading <2006.0 profiles
> to >=2006.0 to rebuild everything with the new gcc, not just
> revdep-rebuild.
Really, this is the only package that I can't compile.  I've just
been trying various combinations of USE flags to see if anything
will result in a newer glibc - in hopes that will fix my original PHP
issues.

At this point, I'm at a loss.  it -always- fails in the same spot,
trying to build sunrpc/xbootparam_prot, no matter what I do.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment