RUBY_TARGETS and "eselect ruby"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RUBY_TARGETS and "eselect ruby"

Pavel Volkov
I currently set my RUBY_TARGETS in make.conf to:
RUBY_TARGETS="ruby20 ruby21"

World is updated.

But ruby21 profile can't be selected with eselect:
$ eselect ruby list
Available Ruby profiles:
  [1]   ruby20 (with Rubygems) *

If I remove ruby20 from RUBY_TARGETS, there would be no profiles left.

Why?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RUBY_TARGETS and "eselect ruby"

Hans de Graaff-2
On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 18:25:38 +0400, Pavel Volkov wrote:

> I currently set my RUBY_TARGETS in make.conf to:
> RUBY_TARGETS="ruby20 ruby21"
>
> World is updated.
>
> But ruby21 profile can't be selected with eselect:
> $ eselect ruby list Available Ruby profiles:
>   [1]   ruby20 (with Rubygems) *
>
> If I remove ruby20 from RUBY_TARGETS, there would be no profiles left.

Because we haven't gotten around to that yet. Also note that only a few
packages currently have ruby21 support, so eselecting it right now is not
very useful yet.

We should be updating the ruby eselect module in the next week or so.

Hans


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RUBY_TARGETS and "eselect ruby"

Pavel Volkov
On Tuesday 31 December 2013 08:03:10 Hans de Graaff wrote:
> Because we haven't gotten around to that yet. Also note that only a few
> packages currently have ruby21 support, so eselecting it right now is not
> very useful yet.
>
> We should be updating the ruby eselect module in the next week or so.

Ok, I see.
The only ruby-related packages I have installed are ruby, rubygems, rake,
json, racc and rdoc, those are build-time-deps, so eselecting ruby21 will be
ok for me.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RUBY_TARGETS and "eselect ruby"

Svoop-2
In reply to this post by Hans de Graaff-2
Hans de Graaff <graaff <at> gentoo.org> writes:
> Because we haven't gotten around to that yet. Also note that only a few
> packages currently have ruby21 support, so eselecting it right now is not
> very useful yet.
> We should be updating the ruby eselect module in the next week or so.

Any news on this?

Like Pavel the only related packages are rubygems, rake and friends since
it's a pretty minimalistic box serving a Rails app which we are lifting to
Ruby 2.1 next week.

Support for ruby21 in eselect would be great, thanks a bunch!


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RUBY_TARGETS and "eselect ruby"

Hans de Graaff-2
On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:32:03 +0000, Svoop wrote:

> Hans de Graaff <graaff <at> gentoo.org> writes:
>> Because we haven't gotten around to that yet. Also note that only a few
>> packages currently have ruby21 support, so eselecting it right now is
>> not very useful yet.
>> We should be updating the ruby eselect module in the next week or so.
>
> Any news on this?
>
> Like Pavel the only related packages are rubygems, rake and friends
> since it's a pretty minimalistic box serving a Rails app which we are
> lifting to Ruby 2.1 next week.
>
> Support for ruby21 in eselect would be great, thanks a bunch!

eselect-ruby-20131227 has support for eselecting ruby21. It has been
around since Jan 4th. Progress on ruby21 marking of packages has been
slow but steady.

Hans