Re: OpenSSH 7.7p1 Not Compiling on Cygwin Prefix

Re: OpenSSH 7.7p1 Not Compiling on Cygwin Prefix

Benda Xu
Hi Layton,

Layton Kifer <[hidden email]> writes:

> I was directed to you on the IRC after I was having a problem
> installing prefix on cygwin. I eventually found the solution posted
> http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/linker-error-with-gcc-flag-mfunction-return-thunk-td141297.html
> and it seems this is an issue compiling OpenSSH on cygwin at the
> moment. The solution of configuring with --without-hardening seems to
> have worked for me. I was told you may be able to put in a patch so
> that others don't encounter this problem. Let me know if there is
> anything I can do to help.

Thank you for trying Prefix out.  I am sorry that I am not an expert on
Windows.  Shell we move to our mailing list?  That will get your
question to be corresponded more quickly.

Cheers,
Benda

Re: OpenSSH 7.7p1 Not Compiling on Cygwin Prefix

Fabian Groffen-2
On 23-08-2018 11:01:41 +0900, Benda Xu wrote:

> Hi Layton,
>
> Layton Kifer <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > I was directed to you on the IRC after I was having a problem
> > installing prefix on cygwin. I eventually found the solution posted
> > http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/linker-error-with-gcc-flag-mfunction-return-thunk-td141297.html
> > and it seems this is an issue compiling OpenSSH on cygwin at the
> > moment. The solution of configuring with --without-hardening seems to
> > have worked for me. I was told you may be able to put in a patch so
> > that others don't encounter this problem. Let me know if there is
> > anything I can do to help.
Can you file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org?  We need the ssh maintainers to
sign off on adding --without-hardening to configure args for Cygwin.

Thanks,
Fabian

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Re: OpenSSH 7.7p1 Not Compiling on Cygwin Prefix

Layton Kifer
> > Hi Layton,
> >
> > Layton Kifer <laytonkifer@×××××.com> writes:
> >
> > > I was directed to you on the IRC after I was having a problem
> > > installing prefix on cygwin. I eventually found the solution posted
> > > and it seems this is an issue compiling OpenSSH on cygwin at the
> > > moment. The solution of configuring with --without-hardening seems to
> > > have worked for me. I was told you may be able to put in a patch so
> > > that others don't encounter this problem. Let me know if there is
> > > anything I can do to help.

> Can you file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org?  We need the ssh maintainers to
> sign off on adding --without-hardening to configure args for Cygwin.

It seems https://bugs.gentoo.org/659210 already exists for this issue.

Thanks,
Layton

> Thanks,
> Fabian

> > Thank you for trying Prefix out.  I am sorry that I am not an expert on
> > Windows.  Shell we move to our mailing list?  That will get your
> > question to be corresponded more quickly.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Benda

Re: OpenSSH 7.7p1 Not Compiling on Cygwin Prefix

Fabian Groffen-2
The bug is now fixed, thanks!

--
Fabian Groffen