Re: multilib profile on amd64 ?

Clemente Aguiar-2

On Sunday 27 November 2005 18:55, Ned Ludd wrote:
> For now use the amd64 multilib profile thats not located under the
> hardened subtree. sync up USE flags with the hardened profile. emerge
> gcc ; emerge -e world.
> Start from an amd64 multilib stage[1-3] also.
> use >=hardened-sources-2.6.13

Ned,

What do you mean by "sync up USE flags with the hardened profile"?
How do I do that?

I am a bit of a newbie in pastures ...

Clemente

Re: multilib profile on amd64 ?

Rumen Yotov-2
On 21:21 Sat 10 Dec     , Clemente Aguiar wrote:

> On Sunday 27 November 2005 18:55, Ned Ludd wrote:
> > For now use the amd64 multilib profile thats not located under the
> > hardened subtree. sync up USE flags with the hardened profile. emerge
> > gcc ; emerge -e world.
> > Start from an amd64 multilib stage[1-3] also.
> > use >=hardened-sources-2.6.13
> >

> Ned,
>
> What do you mean by "sync up USE flags with the hardened profile"?
> How do I do that?
>
> I am a bit of a newbie in pastures ...
>
> Clemente

First step, setup your system profile to AMD64-multilib:
#ln -fs /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/amd64/2005.1 /etc/make.profile
check again for -f option-it must remove the old symlink (/etc/make.profile).
Second thing (about 'syncing' USE-flags):
In your "/etc/make.conf" use the same USE-flags as whose in hardened amd64 profile:
"/usr/portage/profiles/hardened/amd64/use.defaults" file.
Third, when installing use "amd64-multilib" stages (see above).
PS: no experience with amd64 hardened though.
HTH.Rumen