Re: some i/o errors are making my portage useless!

Re: some i/o errors are making my portage useless!

John Myers
On Thursday 03 November 2005 15:13, Denis wrote:
> Running "df" shows that /usr partition is at 18% use.  However,
> running "du" gives more input/output errors...
First, I would back up all your data immediately. You have filesystem
corruption or hardware failure. And if you have hardware failure, you
probably also have filesystem corruption. If you have space somewhere, boot
with a livecd, and copy everything (except /usr/portage) to another place.
Then, recreate the filesystem, and copy it back. If this works, and the
errors cease, you're probably OK. If not, you need to buy a new disk

Re: some i/o errors are making my portage useless!

Neil Bothwick
On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:13:58 -0500, Denis wrote:

> Running "df" shows that /usr partition is at 18% use.  However,
> running "du" gives more input/output errors...

Either your filesystem or your disk is screwed, backup NOW!

--
Neil Bothwick

Fire at will... NO WORF! Not Commander Riker!