Relicensing sys-freebsd/* under the BSD-2 license

Relicensing sys-freebsd/* under the BSD-2 license

Richard Yao
I wrote sys-freebsd/virtio-kmod (bug 410199) while studying
Gentoo/FreeBSD as part of an attempt to port gptzfsloader to Gentoo
Linux. naota wrote an improvement that would be useful to send upstream.
However, the GPL-2 license poses a problem according to conversations
that I had in #gentoo-dev.

While I have asked naota for permission to upstream the line he wrote,
this poses a more general issue for collaboration, especially if I port
more kernel modules from FreeBSD Ports.

Would it be possible to relicense sys-freebsd/* under terms of the BSD-2
license?