Replace sys-apps/sysvinit with sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils] in installcd-stage1.spec or installcd-stage2-minimal.spec

Replace sys-apps/sysvinit with sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils] in installcd-stage1.spec or installcd-stage2-minimal.spec

anonymous0
Good day, monks!

I try to build installcd with systemd. So, I want to replace sys-apps/sysvinit with sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils].

Well, I tried my .spec file (derived from releng/releases/weekly/specs/amd64/installcd-stage1.spec). http://pastebin.com/zRzpYDAS

Diff here http://pastebin.com/YenF9ypQ

And I got error: http://pastebin.com/XgZNXFar

How I can force installation of sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils]?

Re: Replace sys-apps/sysvinit with sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils] in installcd-stage1.spec or installcd-stage2-minimal.spec

anonymous0
Happy New Year!

Any ideas about question?

Re: Replace sys-apps/sysvinit with sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils] in installcd-stage1.spec or installcd-stage2-minimal.spec

Zac Medico-2
On 12/18/2016 03:42 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Good day, monks!
>
> I try to build installcd with systemd. So, I want to replace sys-apps/sysvinit with sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils].
>
> Well, I tried my .spec file (derived from releng/releases/weekly/specs/amd64/installcd-stage1.spec). http://pastebin.com/zRzpYDAS
>
> Diff here http://pastebin.com/YenF9ypQ
>
> And I got error: http://pastebin.com/XgZNXFar
>
> How I can force installation of sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils]?

In order to do that, you're going to have to eliminate openrc from the
dependency graph, since openrc pulls in sys-apps/sysvinit
unconditionally on linux. If you can repeat the emerge command with the
--tree option, then it should should reveal how openrc got pulled into
the dependency graph.

Troubleshooting dependency problems is off-topic for this list, maybe
forums.gentoo.org or the gentoo-user list would be better. Anyway, maybe
someone here can suggest a good way to add --tree to the emerge options
used by catalyst. I think adding this line to /etc/catalyst/catalystrc
might do it:

EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--tree"
Zac

On 01/02/2017 01:09 PM, Zac Medico wrote:

>> Good day, monks!
>>
>> I try to build installcd with systemd. So, I want to replace sys-apps/sysvinit with sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils].
>>
>> Well, I tried my .spec file (derived from releng/releases/weekly/specs/amd64/installcd-stage1.spec). http://pastebin.com/zRzpYDAS
>>
>> Diff here http://pastebin.com/YenF9ypQ
>>
>> And I got error: http://pastebin.com/XgZNXFar
>>
>> How I can force installation of sys-apps/systemd[sysv-utils]?
>
> In order to do that, you're going to have to eliminate openrc from the
> dependency graph, since openrc pulls in sys-apps/sysvinit
> unconditionally on linux. If you can repeat the emerge command with the
> --tree option, then it should should reveal how openrc got pulled into
> the dependency graph.
>
> Troubleshooting dependency problems is off-topic for this list, maybe
> forums.gentoo.org or the gentoo-user list would be better. Anyway, maybe
> someone here can suggest a good way to add --tree to the emerge options
> used by catalyst. I think adding this line to /etc/catalyst/catalystrc
> might do it:
>
> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--tree"

Actually, variables in /etc/catalyst/catalystrc have to be exported, so
you'd want this:

export EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--tree"
Zac