Root user's home directory

Ted Kosan
Hello,

First off, earlier in the week I moved my LiveCD builds over to Catalyst2 rc5
and so far I have not run into any problems during the build process.

Now for my question.  After my LiveCD boots the root user's HOME environment
variable is set to "/".  The /etc/passed file shows root's HOME to be /root and
if I ssh into the machine the remote shell shows root's HOME to be /root.

Does anyone have some thoughts on how I can adjust my catalyst configuration to
have the LiveCD boot with the root user's HOME environment variable set to
"/root"?

Thanks in advance :-)

Ted

Re: Root user's home directory

Chris Gianelloni
On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 11:22 -0800, Ted Kosan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First off, earlier in the week I moved my LiveCD builds over to Catalyst2 rc5
> and so far I have not run into any problems during the build process.
>
> Now for my question.  After my LiveCD boots the root user's HOME environment
> variable is set to "/".  The /etc/passed file shows root's HOME to be /root and
> if I ssh into the machine the remote shell shows root's HOME to be /root.
>
> Does anyone have some thoughts on how I can adjust my catalyst configuration to
> have the LiveCD boot with the root user's HOME environment variable set to
> "/root"?
>
> Thanks in advance :-)
That's a side-effect of using bashlogin.  The easiest solution is to set
a root password in your fsscript and not use bashlogin/pwgen, but rather
stick with agetty.  This will, of course, require changes to the
livecd-functions.sh script from livecd-tools, so that's a bit more for
your fsscript.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead