SELinux AMD64 2004.1 to 2005.1 profile upgrade

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SELinux AMD64 2004.1 to 2005.1 profile upgrade

Antoine Martin
Hi List,

Has anyone done this upgrade? Are there any caveats I should be aware
of ? Should I be planning much downtime?
Do I need to upgrade to 2005.0 first then to 2005.1?
(there isn't a 2005.0 selinux profile...)
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Antoine

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SELinux AMD64 2004.1 to 2005.1 profile upgrade

Chris PeBenito
On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 01:00 +0000, Antoine Martin wrote:
> Has anyone done this upgrade? Are there any caveats I should be aware
> of ? Should I be planning much downtime?
> Do I need to upgrade to 2005.0 first then to 2005.1?
> (there isn't a 2005.0 selinux profile...)
> Any advice would be much appreciated.

Follow this upgrade guide:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?part=1&chap=1

do the upgrading by hand, not the scripted upgrade.  When it says to
switch the profile, switch it to the SELinux 2005.1 profile instead.
You'll probably have to do it in permissive.

--
Chris PeBenito
<[hidden email]>
Developer,
Hardened Gentoo Linux
Embedded Gentoo Linux
 
Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A  CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243


signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SELinux AMD64 2004.1 to 2005.1 profile upgrade

Antoine Martin
> > Do I need to upgrade to 2005.0 first then to 2005.1?
> > (there isn't a 2005.0 selinux profile...)
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?part=1&chap=1
>
> do the upgrading by hand, not the scripted upgrade.  When it says to
> switch the profile, switch it to the SELinux 2005.1 profile instead.
> You'll probably have to do it in permissive.
Thanks, I did and it all went very smoothly.
Problem is that many packages wanted to merge
app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc
And eventually I did, but it seems to change /usr/lib32 back to a
symlink pointing to /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib32
After that, many packages complain that I did not follow the proper
upgrade for 2005.0...  And after trying to fix it by hand I think I've
messed up the /emul tree and I can't even compile glibc anymore...

Antoine (stuck)

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SELinux AMD64 2004.1 to 2005.1 profile upgrade

Ritter-4
Antoine Martin wrote:

> Thanks, I did and it all went very smoothly.
> Problem is that many packages wanted to merge
> app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc
> And eventually I did, but it seems to change /usr/lib32 back to a
> symlink pointing to /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib32
> After that, many packages complain that I did not follow the proper
> upgrade for 2005.0...  And after trying to fix it by hand I think I've
> messed up the /emul tree and I can't even compile glibc anymore...
>
> Antoine (stuck)


Add:
>=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-1000

to:
/etc/portage/package.mask

re-emerge:
app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc

Then continue recompiling the toolchain.

--
Jason K Larson  (Ritter)

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SELinux AMD64 2004.1 to 2005.1 profile upgrade

Antoine Martin
On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 17:04 -0700, Ritter wrote:

> Antoine Martin wrote:
> > Thanks, I did and it all went very smoothly.
> > Problem is that many packages wanted to merge
> > app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc
> > And eventually I did, but it seems to change /usr/lib32 back to a
> > symlink pointing to /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib32
> > After that, many packages complain that I did not follow the proper
> > upgrade for 2005.0...  And after trying to fix it by hand I think I've
> > messed up the /emul tree and I can't even compile glibc anymore...
> >
> > Antoine (stuck)
>
>
> Add:
> >=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-1000
>
> to:
> /etc/portage/package.mask
>
> re-emerge:
> app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc
That did not seem to do anything different:
# grep emul /etc/portage/package.mask
>=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-1000

# emerge emul-linux-x86-glibc
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-2.3.5 to /
(....)
>>> original instance of package unmerged safely.
 * /usr/lib32 is not a symlink... fixing
running mv /usr/lib32 /usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork
running ln -sf /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib /usr/lib32
moving /usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork/* to /usr/lib32/
mv: cannot stat `/usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork/*': No such file or directory
running rm -rf /usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork
 * fixed!
>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
>>> app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-2.3.5 merged.
 * It appears you have switched to the 2005.1 profile without following
 * the upgrade guide.  Please  upgrade to 2005.0 first. See the
following
 * URL for more information:
 *
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/2005.0-upgrade-amd64.xml

So it has changed /usr/lib32 back to a symlink! And then it complains!

Antoine (still stuck)


>
> Then continue recompiling the toolchain.
>
> --
> Jason K Larson  (Ritter)
>

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SELinux AMD64 2004.1 to 2005.1 profile upgrade

Antoine Martin
Can anyone help?

Thanks
Antoine

> > Add:
> > >=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-1000
> >
> > to:
> > /etc/portage/package.mask
> >
> > re-emerge:
> > app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc
> That did not seem to do anything different:
> # grep emul /etc/portage/package.mask
> >=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-1000
>
> # emerge emul-linux-x86-glibc
> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> >>> emerge (1 of 1) app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-2.3.5 to /
> (....)
> >>> original instance of package unmerged safely.
>  * /usr/lib32 is not a symlink... fixing
> running mv /usr/lib32 /usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork
> running ln -sf /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib /usr/lib32
> moving /usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork/* to /usr/lib32/
> mv: cannot stat `/usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork/*': No such file or directory
> running rm -rf /usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork
>  * fixed!
> >>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
> >>> app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-2.3.5 merged.
>  * It appears you have switched to the 2005.1 profile without following
>  * the upgrade guide.  Please  upgrade to 2005.0 first. See the
> following
>  * URL for more information:
>  *
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/2005.0-upgrade-amd64.xml
>
> So it has changed /usr/lib32 back to a symlink! And then it complains!


--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SELinux AMD64 2004.1 to 2005.1 profile upgrade

Antoine Martin
I've emerged emul-linux-x86-glibc-1000 by path (not sure why -u didn't
pick it up) but I still can't build glibc:
emerge glibc
(...)
checking for long double... yes
checking size of long double... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
(long double), 77
See `config.log' for more details.

!!! ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.3.5-r2 failed.
!!! Function glibc_do_configure, Line 930, Exitcode 1
!!! failed to configure glibc
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status
message.


On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 16:57 +0000, Antoine Martin wrote:

> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
> Antoine
>
> > > Add:
> > > >=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-1000
> > >
> > > to:
> > > /etc/portage/package.mask
> > >
> > > re-emerge:
> > > app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc
> > That did not seem to do anything different:
> > # grep emul /etc/portage/package.mask
> > >=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-1000
> >
> > # emerge emul-linux-x86-glibc
> > Calculating dependencies ...done!
> > >>> emerge (1 of 1) app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-2.3.5 to /
> > (....)
> > >>> original instance of package unmerged safely.
> >  * /usr/lib32 is not a symlink... fixing
> > running mv /usr/lib32 /usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork
> > running ln -sf /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib /usr/lib32
> > moving /usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork/* to /usr/lib32/
> > mv: cannot stat `/usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork/*': No such file or directory
> > running rm -rf /usr/lib32-bork-bork-bork
> >  * fixed!
> > >>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
> > >>> app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-2.3.5 merged.
> >  * It appears you have switched to the 2005.1 profile without following
> >  * the upgrade guide.  Please  upgrade to 2005.0 first. See the
> > following
> >  * URL for more information:
> >  *
> > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/2005.0-upgrade-amd64.xml
> >
> > So it has changed /usr/lib32 back to a symlink! And then it complains!
>
>

--
[hidden email] mailing list