Skype does not start again (in user mode)

Skype does not start again (in user mode)

gevisz
Just yesterday I have installed skypeforlinux
on my Gentoo box and found out that it does
not start from user command line but does
start from super user and moreover works
quite well with that power.

Does anybody have some idea how to make
skypeforlinux to start from usual user command
line beyond the general
"something-wrong-with-permissions" wisdom?

P.S. The user is in the video group.

Re: Skype does not start again (in user mode)

Jack
On 2019.01.30 16:11, gevisz wrote:

> Just yesterday I have installed skypeforlinux
> on my Gentoo box and found out that it does
> not start from user command line but does
> start from super user and moreover works
> quite well with that power.
>
> Does anybody have some idea how to make
> skypeforlinux to start from usual user command
> line beyond the general
> "something-wrong-with-permissions" wisdom?
>
> P.S. The user is in the video group.
Hi gevisc,

It works fine for me, no special permissions that I'm aware of.  Any
error messages if you launch from command line?  Anything of interest
in ~/.config/skypeforlinux/logs ?

Jack

ср, 30 янв. 2019 г. в 23:57, Jack <[hidden email]>:

> On 2019.01.30 16:11, gevisz wrote:
> > Just yesterday I have installed skypeforlinux
> > on my Gentoo box and found out that it does
> > not start from user command line but does
> > start from super user and moreover works
> > quite well with that power.
> >
> > Does anybody have some idea how to make
> > skypeforlinux to start from usual user command
> > line beyond the general
> > "something-wrong-with-permissions" wisdom?
> >
> > P.S. The user is in the video group.
>
> It works fine for me, no special permissions that I'm aware of.  Any
> error messages if you launch from command line?  Anything of interest
> in ~/.config/skypeforlinux/logs ?

Thank you for your reply.

I have just tried to start skypeforlinux in user mode now:
no error messages and ~/.config/skypeforlinux/logs contains
only the follows line:
Server response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"

It seems that skypeforlinux have started but does not
appear on the screen (I am using Awesome WM).

However it starts and works ok with su permissions.