[SoC 2009] Gentoo/NetBSD important stuff (!)

[SoC 2009] Gentoo/NetBSD important stuff (!)

Patrice Clement-2
Hello everybody,

I've been quiet since 1 month, sorry for the delay but it's maily because of
my studies.

Thanks to Alexis Ballier, I've been able to upload my files somewhere on the
web; actually it's hosted on a Gentoo webserver, waiting for somewhere else..

Here is the URL [1]. You'll find:
- A stage3 Gentoo/NetBSD tarball. To install it, you'll have to download NetBSD
  [2] and perform a minimal installation. If you have troubles during
installation, I advise you to read Chapter 3 of NetBSD handbook, "Example
installation", which describes how to do, step by step [3].

- A QEMU image, archived using lzma. This is the quickest way to test my work,
  without performing an installation. To proceed, QEMU has to be installed on
your machine. I let you read documentation on how to proceed to let your VM
surf the web (hint: you must use tun/tap(4) driver), in order to download
ebuilds from it.

Please, feel free to ask questions or to make suggestions, I'll be glad to
answer. I'm currently applying to become a Gentoo developer, to continue
working on that project, I don't want it to die !

Cheers,

Patrice

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~aballier/gnbsd/
[2] ftp://ftp4.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.0/i386/installation/cdrom/
[3] http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-exinst.html

Re: [SoC 2009] Gentoo/NetBSD important stuff (!)

Camille Huot-2
On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Patrice Clement <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please, feel free to ask questions or to make suggestions, I'll be glad to
> answer. I'm currently applying to become a Gentoo developer, to continue
> working on that project, I don't want it to die !

Hey Patrice, well done!

If Davide agrees, you may want to update and improve the current
Gentoo/Netbsd Install guide
(http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/bsd/nbsd/doc/gentoo-netbsd.xml)
using your own stuff.

Camille Huot