Solution to long-in to my system and/or check email while traveling

Solution to long-in to my system and/or check email while traveling

Joseph-16
What is the most cost effective solution to check email and/or log-in to
my system while traveling (if needed)?  I can invest about 1000 for
laptop or PDA if necessary.  But I need bash so PDA is out I think.

To check email I can go to any computer-cafe and use web-base log-in to
check email (the security it is not critical); but if I was to do any
banking or need to log-in into my system it is a different story
(security is critical).
I could borrow any-body's in the family computer and use Knoppix (with
knock and ssh) to log-in to my system  or to do any Banking; as I
wouldn't trust their Windows system.  I think this would eliminate all
the spywere and key-loggers if they had any on their systems.
What other alternative are there?

--
#Joseph

Re: Solution to long-in to my system and/or check email while traveling

Nick Rout

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:04:53 -0700
Joseph wrote:

> I could borrow any-body's in the family computer and use Knoppix (with
> knock and ssh) to log-in to my system  or to do any Banking; as I
> wouldn't trust their Windows system.  I think this would eliminate all
> the spywere and key-loggers if they had any on their systems.

That will not defeat a hardware keylogger, ie a little device that sits
between the keyboard and the computer.

--
Nick Rout <[hidden email]>