Sparc Arch Testing

Jack Morgan
All,

I few people expressed interest in doing arch testing for Sparc.
Basically, you should read these two wiki pages:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:SPARC/Arch_tester
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:SPARC/Arch_tester/Procedures

Don't worry about taking the ebuild and sparc quizzes. Start working on
testing packages that you find from the imlate script or working
directly in Bugzilla.

Do a Bugzilla search with these fields:

Assignee: [hidden email]
Reporter: [hidden email]
CC: [hidden email]
Commenter: [hidden email]

Currently there are 249 to test. Then update the Bugzilla with your
results of your testing following the procedures defined in the wiki above.

I hope provide some additional details on how I semi-automate this
process next weekend once I get my systems updated and back online.

Feel free to ping me on irc or via email if you have any questions.

Jack Morgan
Pub 4096R/761D8E0A 2010-09-13 Jack Morgan <[hidden email]>
Fingerprint = DD42 EA48 D701 D520 C2CD 55BE BF53 C69B 761D 8E0A

sparc64 bit profiles for review

alexmcwhirter
I can safely say i have been running these in production with a native
64bit userland and 32 bit multilib for over 6 months now. My changes can
be found here.

https://github.com/5YN3R6Y/gentoo

I'm open to review on these changes, but it should keep compatibility
with the old profiles. Feel free to attempt to build stage3's from this,
but building a sparc64 stage3 will be tough on the current profiles. I
will upload some of my own stage3's soon and link them here for testing
purposes.