Stop keyboard after emerge

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stop keyboard after emerge

Gmail
hi, yesterday i,ve switched from Python 2 to 3 and upgraded all packages with emerge -uDn --changed-use @world.

After this keyboard (mouse ok) works only to console and not GUI

I've emerged the xorg drivers, rebuild module, evdev, and all xorg.

I use xorg 1.16 with gnome 3.14 and systemd.

Thanks in advance

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stop keyboard after emerge

Drake Donahue
On Wed, 2015-08-26 at 17:23 +0200, mr_L4N wrote:

> hi, yesterday i,ve switched from Python 2 to 3 and upgraded all packages
> with emerge -uDn --changed-use @world.
>
> After this keyboard (mouse ok) works only to console and not GUI
>
> I've emerged the xorg drivers, rebuild module, evdev, and all xorg.
>
> I use xorg 1.16 with gnome 3.14 and systemd.
>
> Thanks in advance
have you run python-updater
have you read /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
Have you checked dbus and udev status?
fx8150 ~ # systemctl | grep udev
systemd-udev-trigger.service
loaded active exited    udev Coldplug all Devices
systemd-udevd.service
loaded active running   udev Kernel Device Manager
systemd-udevd-control.socket
loaded active running   udev Control Socket
systemd-udevd-kernel.socket
loaded active running   udev Kernel Socket
fx8150 ~ # systemctl | grep dbus
dbus.service
loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus
dbus.socket
loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus Socket



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stop keyboard after emerge

Gmail
Python updater updated only openoffice.bin, xorg log don't shows problems and all services active and running

Il mercoledì 26 agosto 2015, Drake Donahue <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
On Wed, 2015-08-26 at 17:23 +0200, mr_L4N wrote:
> hi, yesterday i,ve switched from Python 2 to 3 and upgraded all packages
> with emerge -uDn --changed-use @world.
>
> After this keyboard (mouse ok) works only to console and not GUI
>
> I've emerged the xorg drivers, rebuild module, evdev, and all xorg.
>
> I use xorg 1.16 with gnome 3.14 and systemd.
>
> Thanks in advance
have you run python-updater
have you read /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
Have you checked dbus and udev status?
fx8150 ~ # systemctl | grep udev
systemd-udev-trigger.service
loaded active exited    udev Coldplug all Devices
systemd-udevd.service
loaded active running   udev Kernel Device Manager
systemd-udevd-control.socket
loaded active running   udev Control Socket
systemd-udevd-kernel.socket
loaded active running   udev Kernel Socket
fx8150 ~ # systemctl | grep dbus
dbus.service
loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus
dbus.socket
loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus Socket



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stop keyboard after emerge

Drake Donahue
On Wed, 2015-08-26 at 18:34 +0200, mr_L4N wrote:

> Python updater updated only openoffice.bin, xorg log don't shows problems
> and all services active and running
>
> Il mercoledì 26 agosto 2015, Drake Donahue <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>
> > On Wed, 2015-08-26 at 17:23 +0200, mr_L4N wrote:
> > > hi, yesterday i,ve switched from Python 2 to 3 and upgraded all packages
> > > with emerge -uDn --changed-use @world.
> > >
> > > After this keyboard (mouse ok) works only to console and not GUI
> > >
> > > I've emerged the xorg drivers, rebuild module, evdev, and all xorg.
> > >
> > > I use xorg 1.16 with gnome 3.14 and systemd.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > have you run python-updater
> > have you read /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
> > Have you checked dbus and udev status?
> > fx8150 ~ # systemctl | grep udev
> > systemd-udev-trigger.service
> > loaded active exited    udev Coldplug all Devices
> > systemd-udevd.service
> > loaded active running   udev Kernel Device Manager
> > systemd-udevd-control.socket
> > loaded active running   udev Control Socket
> > systemd-udevd-kernel.socket
> > loaded active running   udev Kernel Socket
> > fx8150 ~ # systemctl | grep dbus
> > dbus.service
> > loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus
> > dbus.socket
> > loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus Socket
do eselect opengl list and eselect opencl list yield appropriate results
Try X -retro from the bootup terminal; Should get a black and white
stippled screen with a movable mouse cursor



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Stop keyboard after emerge

Gmail
I've enabled the AutoAddDevice, set again type and language of keyboard.

Now works.

Il 26/08/2015 19:06, Drake Donahue ha scritto:

> On Wed, 2015-08-26 at 18:34 +0200, mr_L4N wrote:
>> Python updater updated only openoffice.bin, xorg log don't shows
>> problems and all services active and running
>>
>> Il mercoledì 26 agosto 2015, Drake Donahue
>> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>
>>> On Wed, 2015-08-26 at 17:23 +0200, mr_L4N wrote:
>>>> hi, yesterday i,ve switched from Python 2 to 3 and upgraded
>>>> all packages with emerge -uDn --changed-use @world.
>>>>
>>>> After this keyboard (mouse ok) works only to console and not
>>>> GUI
>>>>
>>>> I've emerged the xorg drivers, rebuild module, evdev, and all
>>>> xorg.
>>>>
>>>> I use xorg 1.16 with gnome 3.14 and systemd.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance
>>> have you run python-updater have you read /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
>>> Have you checked dbus and udev status? fx8150 ~ # systemctl |
>>> grep udev systemd-udev-trigger.service loaded active exited
>>> udev Coldplug all Devices systemd-udevd.service loaded active
>>> running   udev Kernel Device Manager
>>> systemd-udevd-control.socket loaded active running   udev
>>> Control Socket systemd-udevd-kernel.socket loaded active
>>> running   udev Kernel Socket fx8150 ~ # systemctl | grep dbus
>>> dbus.service loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus
>>> dbus.socket loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus
>>> Socket
> do eselect opengl list and eselect opencl list yield appropriate
> results Try X -retro from the bootup terminal; Should get a black
> and white stippled screen with a movable mouse cursor
>
>
>


--
<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252
">
<title>Web&Hardware di Emilio Alessandro Zampieri</title>
</head>
<body>

<p>
<a href="http://www.webandhardware.it"><img border="0"
src="http://www.webandhardware.it/wp-includes/images/web&hardware_firma.
png"
width="200" height="150"></a></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><font face="Tahoma" size="2"><b>Web&Hardware di Emilio A.
Zampieri</b><br>
via Adda, 17<br>
20095 Cusano Milanino (MI)<br>
Tel 02.36.58.71.12 - Fax 02.99.98.19.88<br>
Cell. 347.068.63.86<br>
<a
href="http://www.webandhardware.it">http://www.webandhardware.it</a><br>
@mail [hidden email]<br>
P.IVA 07324560965<br>
</font></p>
<p><font color="#C2C2C2"><font face="Tahoma" size="1">Tale messaggio è
confidenziale: qualora l'avesse ricevuto per errore, La preghiamo di
comunicarne la ricezione inviando una e-mail al mittente e di
distruggerne il contenuto.<br>La informiamo inoltre che l'utilizzo non
autorizzato del messaggio o dei suoi allegati potrebbe costituire
reato La ringraziamo per la collaborazione.<br>
<br>This message is confidential: if you have received it by mistake,
please advise immediately the sender by e-mail and destroy the message
and its attachments.<br>You are hereby notified that any unauthorized
use of the content of this message could constitute a criminal
offence. Thank you.</font><font size="1">
</font>
</font>
</p>

</body>

</html>