Tab stepping order in Pale Moon

Peter Humphrey-3
Hello list,

Recent discussion of Pale Moon has inspired me to try it (actually www-
client/palemoon-bin). It seems fine, except for one annoying feature. I
usually have several tabs open at a time and I want to step between them
with the keyboard, but it has a bizarre method of deciding which tab to go
to next. I've had a look in about:config but not found anything relevant.

Is there a way to fix the stepping so that it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, ... ?

One other thing: when I restart my KDE desktop, Pale Moon doesn't restart.
Should it?

Peter.

Re: Tab stepping order in Pale Moon

Neil Bothwick
On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 10:31:33 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> One other thing: when I restart my KDE desktop, Pale Moon doesn't
> restart. Should it?

Neither does Chromium, which was easily remedied by adding it to the
autostart list in systemsettings.

--
Neil Bothwick

This is as bad as it can get; but don't bet on it.

Re: Tab stepping order in Pale Moon

Ian Zimmerman-3
On 2017-10-09 10:31, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> Recent discussion of Pale Moon has inspired me to try it (actually
> www- client/palemoon-bin). It seems fine, except for one annoying
> feature. I usually have several tabs open at a time and I want to step
> between them with the keyboard, but it has a bizarre method of
> deciding which tab to go to next. I've had a look in about:config but
> not found anything relevant.
>
> Is there a way to fix the stepping so that it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, ... ?

Which key are you trying to use for this?

I use either Control+PageUp/PageDown to move in cyclic fashion, or
Alt+1, Alt+2 etc. to switch directly to a particular tab.  Both work as
I expect.

Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.

On Monday, 9 October 2017 17:41:34 BST Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> On 2017-10-09 10:31, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > Recent discussion of Pale Moon has inspired me to try it (actually
> > www- client/palemoon-bin). It seems fine, except for one annoying
> > feature. I usually have several tabs open at a time and I want to step
> > between them with the keyboard, but it has a bizarre method of
> > deciding which tab to go to next. I've had a look in about:config but
> > not found anything relevant.
> >
> > Is there a way to fix the stepping so that it goes 1, 2, 3, 4, ... ?
>
> Which key are you trying to use for this?

Ctrl-Tab or Ctrl-Shift-Tab, as in any other tabbed window I know of.

> I use either Control+PageUp/PageDown to move in cyclic fashion, or
> Alt+1, Alt+2 etc. to switch directly to a particular tab.  Both work as
> I expect.

I didn't know about those - another key sequence to learn. Thanks Ian.

Peter.