The D language

Bugzilla from bique.alexandre@gmail.com
Hi the list,

  What do you think of adding a dev-d category to portage ?
If you don't know the D programing language, you should take
a look at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ it's very exciting ;-)

 Thanks.

--
Alexandre Bique ([hidden email])

Re: The D language

George Shapovalov
Wednesday, 13. June 2007, Alexandre Bique Ви написали:
>   What do you think of adding a dev-d category to portage ?
> If you don't know the D programing language, you should take
> a look at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ it's very exciting ;-)
Well, I do know about D, but what I would like to know about is how many
D-related packages are we talking about here? Is there some list somwhere,
best of all in a bug? That really is the basis for the decision. Last time
when I looked for D reated submissions (triggered by that gdc bug) I only
could see two and even then those were for the compilers themselves (gdc and
dmd) and these will go under dev-lang. Another category only makes sense if
there are enough D libs or other D-specific packages ready for inclusion or
already scattered around the tree.

Actually, on second read I feel a bit confused. Are you talking about
including the D compiler itself by chance? In that case you are too late - it
is already in ;). Check the use flags of later gcc versions and try to look
for dmd as well. That last one might not be in yet (not sure completely, D
was finally taken over by somebody, so I stopped paying much attention) but n
any case you might find the ebuild in bugzilla, just search for dmd.

George

PS
We also have this mailing list?? Amaizing, I did not realize that :). Even
though I don't remember signing up for it, but that may be because I am on
lang-misc herd. In any case, I suspect there are not that many peple on this
list, so, in general, you might get better luck on gentoo-dev. It gets too
little attention lately (what I mean is, it severely lacks development
contents, may be this is the reason there are so many falmes on it :)).

Re: The D language

On 6/14/07, George Shapovalov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wednesday, 13. June 2007, Alexandre Bique Ви написали:
> >   What do you think of adding a dev-d category to portage ?
> > If you don't know the D programing language, you should take
> > a look at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ it's very exciting ;-)
> Well, I do know about D, but what I would like to know about is how many
> D-related packages are we talking about here? Is there some list somwhere,
> best of all in a bug? That really is the basis for the decision. Last time
> when I looked for D reated submissions (triggered by that gdc bug) I only
> could see two and even then those were for the compilers themselves (gdc and
> dmd) and these will go under dev-lang. Another category only makes sense if
> there are enough D libs or other D-specific packages ready for inclusion or
> already scattered around the tree.
>
> Actually, on second read I feel a bit confused. Are you talking about
> including the D compiler itself by chance? In that case you are too late - it
> is already in ;). Check the use flags of later gcc versions and try to look
> for dmd as well. That last one might not be in yet (not sure completely, D
> was finally taken over by somebody, so I stopped paying much attention) but n
> any case you might find the ebuild in bugzilla, just search for dmd.
>
> George
We can add some libs to portage, like Derelict, tango, arclib, yage3d
build tools like bud, dsss and apps like leds, etc... you can go to
http://www.dsource.org/projects/
there are a lot of interesting projects. It's very interesting because
it's the time
to define the clean way to install a package and allow people to use D
in a simple way like it is with C/C++.

> PS
> We also have this mailing list?? Amaizing, I did not realize that :). Even
> though I don't remember signing up for it, but that may be because I am on
> lang-misc herd. In any case, I suspect there are not that many peple on this
> list, so, in general, you might get better luck on gentoo-dev. It gets too
> little attention lately (what I mean is, it severely lacks development
> contents, may be this is the reason there are so many falmes on it :)).

Alexandre Bique ([hidden email])

Re: The D language

Luis Francisco Araujo

Re: The D language