Unknown service running on port 859/tcp

Mark Shields
I was doing my usual run through of checking to make sure there weren't any unnecessary (or unauthorized) services/ports in use, and after running nmap I found that port 859/tcp was open.  Now, I have iptables setup, so no inbound traffic is being allowed on that port.  But I'm curious as to what could be listening on that port. I ran a netstat -pan, here's the relevant results:

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:859           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -

Several google searches didn't return much concerning that port, except a tool called Amanda (which I did have at one time but unmerged it).  Any ideas?  This server has a ssh, ftp, samba, apache, and mysql server on it.  It's also setup as a router, so I'm a little paranoid about it's well-being.

- Mark Shields

Re: Unknown service running on port 859/tcp

Dave Nebinger
netstat -pl | grep 859

This will give you the name of the process that's listening there.