Use custom overlays in Catalyst

anonymous0
Hi. I want to build own iso image with Catalyst. How I can add ebuilds from overlays to list of packages which will be installed?

Re: Use custom overlays in Catalyst

Kuzminsky, Sebastian

Add the path of your portage overlay to your catalyst-spec (in the portage_overlay keyword), then add packages from that overlay to your stage4/packages keyword.  It should just work.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky

Hi. I want to build own iso image with Catalyst. How I can add ebuilds from overlays to list of packages which will be installed?

Re: Use custom overlays in Catalyst

Marco Gigante
On 15/10/2016 01:11, Kuzminsky, Sebastian wrote:

> Add the path of your portage overlay to your catalyst-spec (in the
> portage_overlay keyword), then add packages from that overlay to your
> stage4/packages keyword.  It should just work.

I have a side question on the topic.
Is it possible to add more the one overlay to the build?
Some time ago I tried that using:

portage_overlay: /var/lib/layman/myoverlay1 /var/lib/layman/myoverlay2

in the spec, but it didn't work for me (I used catalyst v2.0.18).

Thanks.

> --
> Sebastian Kuzminsky

marco

Re: Use custom overlays in Catalyst

Brian Dolbec-3
On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 10:07:17 +0200
Marco Gigante <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15/10/2016 01:11, Kuzminsky, Sebastian wrote:
> >
> > Add the path of your portage overlay to your catalyst-spec (in the
> > portage_overlay keyword), then add packages from that overlay to
> > your stage4/packages keyword.  It should just work.
> >

> I have a side question on the topic.
> Is it possible to add more the one overlay to the build?
> Some time ago I tried that using:
>
> portage_overlay: /var/lib/layman/myoverlay1 /var/lib/layman/myoverlay2
>
> in the spec, but it didn't work for me (I used catalyst v2.0.18).
>
> Thanks.
>
> > --
> > Sebastian Kuzminsky

No

--
Brian Dolbec <dolsen>

Re: Use custom overlays in Catalyst

anonymous0
> Add the path of your portage overlay to your catalyst-spec (in the portage_overlay keyword), then add packages from that overlay to your stage4/packages keyword.  It should just work.
>

> --
> Sebastian Kuzminsky
> ________________________________

Thank you, for one overlay it works fine.

Re: Use custom overlays in Catalyst

Peter Stuge-4
Marco Gigante wrote:
> Is it possible to add more the one overlay to the build?
> Some time ago I tried that using:
>
> portage_overlay: /var/lib/layman/myoverlay1 /var/lib/layman/myoverlay2
>
> in the spec, but it didn't work for me (I used catalyst v2.0.18).

This worked well for me using v2.0.12.2 but maybe it has changed.

When I do this I note that catalyst simply copies all overlays into
one directory, with the side effect that only metadata/layout.conf
for the very last repo is known/seen by emerge run by catalyst.

//Peter

On 19/10/2016 02:02, Peter Stuge wrote:
Marco Gigante wrote:
Is it possible to add more the one overlay to the build?
Some time ago I tried that using:

portage_overlay: /var/lib/layman/myoverlay1 /var/lib/layman/myoverlay2

in the spec, but it didn't work for me (I used catalyst v2.0.18).
This worked well for me using v2.0.12.2 but maybe it has changed.

When I do this I note that catalyst simply copies all overlays into
one directory, with the side effect that only metadata/layout.conf
for the very last repo is known/seen by emerge run by catalyst.

It worked like you described for me as well. The overlays I use are layered ones.
/var/lib/layman/myoverlay2/metadata/layout.conf contains 'master = gentoo myoverlay1'.
I guess that can be a problem in the iso or stageN building.

--
marco