Where's my iso?

Tod Herman
Using catalyst version 2 (rc26) to create a livecd.  All processes finish successfully, or to be more correct, without any failure notices, but the ISO file doesn't get created.  In one case, there was an iso file by the same name already present in the directory the new iso was to be written to...and I noticed that the catalyst2 script then generated a digest file for the present file.  Unfortunately, it didn't write a new iso.  Deleted the iso that was present and reran the livecd-stage2-minimal build and still no iso.  Got the same result with rc25 and 24.  Here's the final few lines from the console:

Creating little endian 2.1 filesystem on /var/tmp/catalyst2/builds/default/livecd-stage2-i686-2006.0//image.squashfs, block size 65536.

Little endian filesystem, data block size 65536, compressed data, compressed metadata, compressed fragments
Filesystem size 42490.22 Kbytes (41.49 Mbytes)
        40.24% of uncompressed filesystem size (105597.60 Kbytes)
Inode table size 75197 bytes (73.43 Kbytes)
        31.70% of uncompressed inode table size (237185 bytes)
Directory table size 77207 bytes (75.40 Kbytes)
        46.75% of uncompressed directory table size (165162 bytes)
Number of duplicate files found 114
Number of inodes 13663
Number of files 6247
Number of fragments 815
Number of symbolic links  1853
Number of device nodes 5083
Number of fifo nodes 0
Number of socket nodes 0
Number of directories 480
Number of uids 2
        root (0)
        nobody (65534)
Number of gids 15
        disk (6)
        audio (18)
        cdrom (19)
        tty (5)
        video (27)
        floppy (11)
        dialout (20)
        kmem (9)
        lp (7)
        tape (26)
        wheel (10)
        utmp (406)
        root (0)
        portage (250)
        uucp (14)
Running action sequence: setup_overlay
Running action sequence: create_iso
Running action sequence: clear_autoresume
Removing AutoResume Points: ...
Emptying directory /var/tmp/catalyst2/tmp/default/.autoresume-livecd-stage2-i686-2006.0/

Any ideas on why the iso wasn't written?  Catalyst 1 doesn't seem to have the same problem  TIA

Tod

Re: Where's my iso?

Andrew Gaffney
Tod Herman wrote:
> Using catalyst version 2 (rc26) to create a livecd.  All processes finish successfully, or to be more correct, without any failure notices, but the ISO file doesn't get created.  In one case, there was an iso file by the same name already present in the directory the new iso was to be written to...and I noticed that the catalyst2 script then generated a digest file for the present file.  Unfortunately, it didn't write a new iso.  Deleted the iso that was present and reran the livecd-stage2-minimal build and still no iso.  Got the same result with rc25 and 24.  Here's the final few lines from the console:

I believe you need a 'livecd/iso: /path/to/put/my.iso' in your livecd-stage2.spec

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project

Re: Where's my iso?

Tod Herman
Here's my line from the spec file:

livecd/iso: /tmp/livecd-2006.0-i686.iso

livecd/fstype: squashfs

In looking thru the create-iso target, I don't see any mention of squash.  Do I need to use zisofs?

I'm at a loss for this one.

> Using catalyst version 2 (rc26) to create a livecd.  All processes finish successfully, or to be more correct, without any failure notices, but the ISO file doesn't get created.  In one case, there was an iso file by the same name already present in the directory the new iso was to be written to...and I noticed that the catalyst2 script then generated a digest file for the present file.  Unfortunately, it didn't write a new iso.  Deleted the iso that was present and reran the livecd-stage2-minimal build and still no iso.  Got the same result with rc25 and 24.  Here's the final few lines from the console:

I believe you need a 'livecd/iso: /path/to/put/my.iso' in your livecd-stage2.spec

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project

Re: Where's my iso?

Tod Herman
Oh, in the create-iso target, I see now that the script handles zisofs or *, so my bad there.  But still at a loss...

In looking thru the create-iso target, I don't see any mention of squash.  Do I need to use zisofs?

I'm at a loss for this one.

> Using catalyst version 2 (rc26) to create a livecd.  All processes finish successfully, or to be more correct, without any failure notices, but the ISO file doesn't get created.  In one case, there was an iso file by the same name already present in the directory the new iso was to be written to...and I noticed that the catalyst2 script then generated a digest file for the present file.  Unfortunately, it didn't write a new iso.  Deleted the iso that was present and reran the livecd-stage2-minimal build and still no iso.  Got the same result with rc25 and 24.  Here's the final few lines from the console:

I believe you need a 'livecd/iso: /path/to/put/my.iso' in your livecd-stage2.spec

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project

Re: Where's my iso?

Chris Gianelloni
On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 18:18 -0800, Tod Herman wrote:
> Oh, in the create-iso target, I see now that the script handles zisofs or *, so my bad there.  But still at a loss...

It's most likely that I broke catalyst when adding the experimental EFI
support.  I'll be looking into it today to see where my logic is broken
and hopefully have this fixed.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead

Re: Where's my iso?

Tod Herman
Thanks.  Happy to test it again after the rework.  Cheers.

On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 18:18 -0800, Tod Herman wrote:
> Oh, in the create-iso target, I see now that the script handles zisofs or *, so my bad there.  But still at a loss...

It's most likely that I broke catalyst when adding the experimental EFI
support.  I'll be looking into it today to see where my logic is broken
and hopefully have this fixed.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
x86 Architecture Team
Games - Developer
Gentoo Linux

Re: Where's my iso?

Tod Herman
Catalyst2 rc28 successfully created the iso.  Thanks!