Wireless Authentication Failure -- WPA2-PSK(TKIP+AES), rtl8192se

Wireless Authentication Failure -- WPA2-PSK(TKIP+AES), rtl8192se

Corey Richardson
Greetings,
(I believe this is a decent list for this, redirect otherwise)

I have been unable to authenticate to my WAP. From the subject you can
see the authentication it normally uses. I tried bunches of other
combinations but I can only connect when the network is Unprotected. I
have an rtl8192se, the driver is built into the kernel and I have the
rtl8192se and rtl8192se-firmware packages. I am led to believe this
isn't a driver issue. I use wpa_supplicant with wicd. The oddest part is
it worked fine yesterday when I shut off the laptop, and now it doesn't
work. I've re-emerged wicd and friends, rebuilt the kernel, made sure
options were checked in the kernel config, etc.

What more should I do, and is there any more information I need to
include? Attached are a few logs. I couldn't find any logs for
wpa_supplicant, however.
--
Corey Richardson

wicd.log (4K) Download Attachment
messages (114K) Download Attachment

Re: Wireless Authentication Failure -- WPA2-PSK(TKIP+AES), rtl8192se

Lie Ryan

A few days ago on 2011/05/08, I had a message that my system is going to be migrated to baselayout-2 and openrc, and a bunch of configurations files had moved around and including net configuration files. Have you checked your eselect news and do etc-update?

On 05/16/2011 02:27 AM, Lie Ryan wrote:
> A few days ago on 2011/05/08, I had a message that my system is going to be
> migrated to baselayout-2 and openrc, and a bunch of configurations files had
> moved around and including net configuration files. Have you checked your
> eselect news and do etc-update?

Yes I have, the upgrade was successful and my config files were all
modified accordingly. I noticed the line
"rtllib_crypt_tkip: could not allocate crypto API michael_mic"
so I'll go through the kernel and enable a bunch of the options under
Cryptography API, see if that fixes the issue.
--
Corey Richardson