a couple of questions about catalyst operation

a couple of questions about catalyst operation

John Covici
Hi.  I am new  to catalyst, and I have a few questions.

It seems that during the build, MAKEOPTS is being set to -j8 and that is
too much for my quadcore machine -- I am getting temperature warnings.
I tried to put export MAKEOPTS="-j1" in the catalystrc, but that did not
work.

Also, when genkernel was run I got * ERROR: Configure of dmraid failed!
-- I don't know why, I don't have raid on the host, would that have
anything to do with things?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
How do

         John Covici

Re: a couple of questions about catalyst operation

Peter Stuge-4
[hidden email] wrote:
> I tried to put export MAKEOPTS="-j1" in the catalystrc, but that did not
> work.

Try putting it in the envscript.

//Peter

Re: a couple of questions about catalyst operation

John Covici
But that is were it was in the file /etc/catalyst/catalystrc which is
what envscript points at.

--
Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         [hidden email]