alsactl errors

Tod Herman
using autoconfig script from latest livecd-tools, but always get this alsactl error no matter what system I test on.  Correct sound modules are loaded, but when the alsasound script starts, it give the error.  Have alsasound starting from autoconfig and have livecd/rcdel: alsasound|default in my spec file.

* Soundcard:
              Creative Labs|EMU10K2 Audigy Audio Processor
              driver = snd-emu10k1

* Restoring Mixer Levels ...

/usr/sbin/alsactl: load_state:1250: Cannot find soundcard '0'...

* Errors while restoring defaults, ignoring
Invalid card number.
 * VideoCard:   nVidia Corp.|unknown device 10de:0092
 * Auto-scrambling root password for security ...
 * Starting local ...
* Setting framebuffer console images ...

Is there a fix for this?

Also, is there a fix for the late start of the silent splash  when using 2.6.15 kernel.  Already updated to r3 since there was supposed to be a patch to help with the delay, but didn't notice any improvement.  When exiting the livecd environment, the splash appears immediately as expected.  Only problem when booting up.  Almost all of the init is done by the time the splash starts.