baselayout-2.6-r1 update

William Hubbs
Hey folks,

baselayout-2.6-r1 has some pretty significant changes in the way /lib*
/usr/lib* and /usr/local/lib* are created if SYMLINK_LIB is not yes.
I have tested here and things look ok for me, so I committed to ~arch.

Does the releng team need to test building stages with it before I mark
it stable -- I believe I can mark it stable myself since there is not
any binary code in it and it is arch independent.

Thanks,

William

Re: baselayout-2.6-r1 update

Anthony G. Basile
On 7/25/18 12:57 PM, William Hubbs wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> baselayout-2.6-r1 has some pretty significant changes in the way /lib*
> /usr/lib* and /usr/local/lib* are created if SYMLINK_LIB is not yes.
> I have tested here and things look ok for me, so I committed to ~arch.
>
> Does the releng team need to test building stages with it before I mark
> it stable -- I believe I can mark it stable myself since there is not
> any binary code in it and it is arch independent.
>
> Thanks,
>
> William

Since I'm mostly doing uclibc and musl builds, and these only use /lib,
it shouldn't affect my work.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]