burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
Does anybody have any links, instructions, information etc. on how to burn HD video MPEG4 to DVD?
I want to be able to play HD on TV and I don't want to reduce the quality.

Do I need Blue-Ray dvd recorder to be able to play HD recording?
Can standard DVD play HD mpeg4 files?
I have new camera that records HD (1920x1080) mpeg4 movies, most files are below 3GB; is there a way to burn them into standard DVD on Linux.
I'm familiar with standard MPEG2 format and burning but not HD MPEG4..

Joseph

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Paul Hartman-3
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anybody have any links, instructions, information etc. on how to burn
> HD video MPEG4 to DVD?
> I want to be able to play HD on TV and I don't want to reduce the quality.
>
> Do I need Blue-Ray dvd recorder to be able to play HD recording? Can
> standard DVD play HD mpeg4 files? I have new camera that records HD
> (1920x1080) mpeg4 movies, most files are below 3GB; is there a way to burn
> them into standard DVD on Linux.
> I'm familiar with standard MPEG2 format and burning but not HD MPEG4..

I confused when you say DVD if you mean DVD physical media or DVD format video.

If you want to convert to a normal DVD format there are plenty of
tools for that. My favorite is tovid.

f you want to burn Blu-Ray data files into DVD media, I guess just
build the Blu-Ray image and burn it. Same way you can burn DVD images
to CD if they are small enough. I have no idea if that'll work, but
that's what I would try. (I've never seen a Blu-Ray disc before so i
have no idea...)

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Paul Hartman-3
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Paul Hartman
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anybody have any links, instructions, information etc. on how to burn
>> HD video MPEG4 to DVD?
>> I want to be able to play HD on TV and I don't want to reduce the quality.
>>
>> Do I need Blue-Ray dvd recorder to be able to play HD recording? Can
>> standard DVD play HD mpeg4 files? I have new camera that records HD
>> (1920x1080) mpeg4 movies, most files are below 3GB; is there a way to burn
>> them into standard DVD on Linux.
>> I'm familiar with standard MPEG2 format and burning but not HD MPEG4..
>
> I confused when you say DVD if you mean DVD physical media or DVD format video.
>
> If you want to convert to a normal DVD format there are plenty of
> tools for that. My favorite is tovid.
>
> f you want to burn Blu-Ray data files into DVD media, I guess just
> build the Blu-Ray image and burn it. Same way you can burn DVD images
> to CD if they are small enough. I have no idea if that'll work, but
> that's what I would try. (I've never seen a Blu-Ray disc before so i
> have no idea...)

I found this for creating Blu-Ray discs (untested, not in portage?):

http://blurayauthor.sourceforge.net/

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
On 04/17/09 15:03, Paul Hartman wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anybody have any links, instructions, information etc. on how to burn
>> HD video MPEG4 to DVD?
>> I want to be able to play HD on TV and I don't want to reduce the quality.
>>
>> Do I need Blue-Ray dvd recorder to be able to play HD recording? Can
>> standard DVD play HD mpeg4 files? I have new camera that records HD
>> (1920x1080) mpeg4 movies, most files are below 3GB; is there a way to burn
>> them into standard DVD on Linux.
>> I'm familiar with standard MPEG2 format and burning but not HD MPEG4..
>
>I confused when you say DVD if you mean DVD physical media or DVD format video.
>
>If you want to convert to a normal DVD format there are plenty of
>tools for that. My favorite is tovid.
>
>f you want to burn Blu-Ray data files into DVD media, I guess just
>build the Blu-Ray image and burn it. Same way you can burn DVD images
>to CD if they are small enough. I have no idea if that'll work, but
>that's what I would try. (I've never seen a Blu-Ray disc before so i
>have no idea...)

I had in mind DVD physical media. I want to retain the HD format quality.
Do you mean burning standard .mpg4 file into DVD?
That is what I wanted to try but I doubt standard DVD will play it, and if it will what resolution will it be in?

Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Joseph

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Paul Hartman-3
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 04/17/09 15:03, Paul Hartman wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anybody have any links, instructions, information etc. on how to
>>> burn
>>> HD video MPEG4 to DVD?
>>> I want to be able to play HD on TV and I don't want to reduce the
>>> quality.
>>>
>>> Do I need Blue-Ray dvd recorder to be able to play HD recording? Can
>>> standard DVD play HD mpeg4 files? I have new camera that records HD
>>> (1920x1080) mpeg4 movies, most files are below 3GB; is there a way to
>>> burn
>>> them into standard DVD on Linux.
>>> I'm familiar with standard MPEG2 format and burning but not HD MPEG4..
>>
>> I confused when you say DVD if you mean DVD physical media or DVD format
>> video.
>>
>> If you want to convert to a normal DVD format there are plenty of
>> tools for that. My favorite is tovid.
>>
>> f you want to burn Blu-Ray data files into DVD media, I guess just
>> build the Blu-Ray image and burn it. Same way you can burn DVD images
>> to CD if they are small enough. I have no idea if that'll work, but
>> that's what I would try. (I've never seen a Blu-Ray disc before so i
>> have no idea...)
>
> I had in mind DVD physical media. I want to retain the HD format quality. Do
> you mean burning standard .mpg4 file into DVD?  That is what I wanted to try
> but I doubt standard DVD will play it, and if it will what resolution will
> it be in?
>
> Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Well if you just want to play it on the computer then the format
doesn't matter (as long as the mplayer or whatever you use can play
it). It's just a data disc.

If you want to watch it on an actual Blu-Ray player then it'll need to
be authored and mastered in the apporpriate way. I think they are
*.EVO files in some special directory structure (similar to DVD
video). Also, they use UDF 2.5 for the filesystem.

Blu-Ray has lots of DRM and commercial licensing requirements to make
a player, so legality is questionable :)

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Jorge Morais-3
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:43:35 -0600
Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anybody have any links, instructions, information etc. on how to burn HD video MPEG4 to DVD?
> I want to be able to play HD on TV and I don't want to reduce the quality.
>
> Do I need Blue-Ray dvd recorder to be able to play HD recording?

> Can standard DVD play HD mpeg4 files?
I don't know, but I highly doubt that a DVD player can play a 1920x1080
file. The best way to be sure is to read the device manual.

> I have new camera that records HD (1920x1080) mpeg4 movies, most files are below 3GB; is there a way to burn them into standard DVD on Linux.
> I'm familiar with standard MPEG2 format and burning but not HD MPEG4..
Please provide more information.
I *assume* that you have a dvd-recorder driver in your computer
and a Blu-Ray player on top of your TV.

If that is the case,

1) I would try some blu-ray authoring tool; presumably, such a tool
would generate a .iso file intended to be recorded to a Blu-Ray media.
I would record that .iso to a DVD media. I guess it would work.
But to be sure it would work, I would
2) Read the device manual.

If you don't have a Blu-Ray player, but only a normal
DVD player, I think it is very unlikely you will be able to play
a 1920x1080 file with it.

Software is like sex: it is better when it is free. --Linus Torvalds

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
On 04/17/09 16:04, Paul Hartman wrote:
[snip]
>Well if you just want to play it on the computer then the format
>doesn't matter (as long as the mplayer or whatever you use can play
>it). It's just a data disc.

I want to play it on larger screen TV (it supports all latest formats).
I don't have (yet) Blu-Ray player and I don't think it is possible to play HD mp4 files on any DVD player, is it?

>If you want to watch it on an actual Blu-Ray player then it'll need to
>be authored and mastered in the apporpriate way. I think they are
>*.EVO files in some special directory structure (similar to DVD
>video). Also, they use UDF 2.5 for the filesystem.
>
>Blu-Ray has lots of DRM and commercial licensing requirements to make
>a player, so legality is questionable :)

That is why I can barely find anything on how to encode the HD mpeg4 files onto a disk.  I can make UDF file system on a standard re-writetable DVD-RW (have
done it many times) my only question is the encoding format/structure.  I think I need Blu-Ray burner, don't I?

Joseph

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Paul Hartman-3
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 04/17/09 16:04, Paul Hartman wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> Well if you just want to play it on the computer then the format
>> doesn't matter (as long as the mplayer or whatever you use can play
>> it). It's just a data disc.
>
> I want to play it on larger screen TV (it supports all latest formats). I
> don't have (yet) Blu-Ray player and I don't think it is possible to play HD
> mp4 files on any DVD player, is it?

No, a DVD video player can only play DVDs (and sometimes VCDs which
are even worse quality than DVD). If they could play HD then Blu-Ray
would have no reason to exist :) While some DVD players can output a
720p/1080i/1080p picture, it is simple scaling the lower-resolution
720 × 576 (or whatever the DVD is) image to that size and applying
some filters to make it look better (in theory).

The only way to play the HD content on your TV is to hook a computer
up to it or get a media player capable of playing HD content. Or
figure out how to author and master Blu-Ray discs and get a Blu-Ray
player.

>> If you want to watch it on an actual Blu-Ray player then it'll need to
>> be authored and mastered in the apporpriate way. I think they are
>> *.EVO files in some special directory structure (similar to DVD
>> video). Also, they use UDF 2.5 for the filesystem.
>>
>> Blu-Ray has lots of DRM and commercial licensing requirements to make
>> a player, so legality is questionable :)
>
> That is why I can barely find anything on how to encode the HD mpeg4 files
> onto a disk.  I can make UDF file system on a standard re-writetable DVD-RW
> (have done it many times) my only question is the encoding format/structure.
>  I think I need Blu-Ray burner, don't I?

I think generally the answer is "You have to use windows to author
Blu-Ray movies"... because of the licensing etc. but I haven't ever
tried so I could be wrong.

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
On 04/17/09 18:01, Paul Hartman wrote:
[snip]

>No, a DVD video player can only play DVDs (and sometimes VCDs which
>are even worse quality than DVD). If they could play HD then Blu-Ray
>would have no reason to exist :) While some DVD players can output a
>720p/1080i/1080p picture, it is simple scaling the lower-resolution
>720 ? 576 (or whatever the DVD is) image to that size and applying
>some filters to make it look better (in theory).
>
>The only way to play the HD content on your TV is to hook a computer
>up to it or get a media player capable of playing HD content. Or
>figure out how to author and master Blu-Ray discs and get a Blu-Ray
>player.

I don't think hooking up computer would help.
When I try to play HD MP4 (file that I recorded) in Xine it complains that CPU is not fast enough - it keeps complaining that amount of frames is too high
(60-fields/s) and that is on my: Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Though, Xine only plays utilizing single CPU, it can not utilize all four cpu's

[snip

>I think generally the answer is "You have to use windows to author
>Blu-Ray movies"... because of the licensing etc. but I haven't ever
>tried so I could be wrong.

I have to find a way to author Blu-Ray onto blu-ray disk but will take some time (if not years) as there aren't many blu-ray disk recorders for computers not
to mention Linux :-/ And by the time it happens my camera will be obsolete.

Joseph

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

stroller-6

On 17 Apr 2009, at 20:43, Joseph wrote:
> ... I have new camera that records HD (1920x1080) mpeg4 movies, most
> files are below 3GB;

Assuming videos of your dog / cat / children you're probably best
storing the original video files on hard-disk, burning as a DVD at
standard definitions (720x480 or 720x576) and enjoying the movies like
that for the meantime. I would revisit hi-def video disks in 5 years
time, when more tools are available, when you have a living-room
player that will cope with 1920x1080 and when hi-def disks are cheap.
You _may_ be able to record blu-ray format onto DVD, but since you
couldn't playback such a disk yourself, why bother? Many viewers are
unable to distinguish between DVD & blu-ray.

Watch out for framerate issues - you should probably be capturing at
the correct framerate for your output format, as conversion between
framerates is problematic ("lossy").

Stroller.

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

stroller-6

On 18 Apr 2009, at 01:40, Joseph wrote:
> I don't think hooking up computer would help.
> When I try to play HD MP4 (file that I recorded) in Xine it
> complains that CPU is not fast enough - it keeps complaining that
> amount of frames is too high (60-fields/s) and that is on my: Quad
> CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz Though, Xine only plays utilizing single CPU, it
> can not utilize all four cpu's

Try mplayer - depending on file format it should be capable of playing
back 1080p. If not, it should be able to convert to a less demanding
container/codec which it will handle realtime.

Stroller.

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
On 04/18/09 01:50, Stroller wrote:

> On 18 Apr 2009, at 01:40, Joseph wrote:
>> I don't think hooking up computer would help.
>> When I try to play HD MP4 (file that I recorded) in Xine it complains that
>> CPU is not fast enough - it keeps complaining that amount of frames is too
>> high (60-fields/s) and that is on my: Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz Though,
>> Xine only plays utilizing single CPU, it can not utilize all four cpu's
>
> Try mplayer - depending on file format it should be capable of playing back
> 1080p. If not, it should be able to convert to a less demanding
> container/codec which it will handle realtime.
>
> Stroller.

mplayer - is not much better :-/

[h264 @ 0xb5c400]AVC: Consumed only 45657 bytes instead of 45660
[h264 @ 0xb5c400]AVC: Consumed only 25265 bytes instead of 252687 0 52%
[h264 @ 0xb5c400]AVC: Consumed only 45152 bytes instead of 451569 0 52%

            **** Your system is too SLOW to play this!  ****

Possible reasons, problems, workarounds:
- Most common: broken/buggy _audio_ driver
   - Try -ao sdl or use the OSS emulation of ALSA.
   - Experiment with different values for -autosync, 30 is a good start.
- Slow video output
   - Try a different -vo driver (-vo help for a list) or try -framedrop!
- Slow CPU
   - Don't try to play a big DVD/DivX on a slow CPU! Try some of the lavdopts,
     e.g. -vfm ffmpeg -lavdopts lowres=1:fast:skiploopfilter=all.
- Broken file
   - Try various combinations of -nobps -ni -forceidx -mc 0.
- Slow media (NFS/SMB mounts, DVD, VCD etc)
   - Try -cache 8192.
- Are you using -cache to play a non-interleaved AVI file?
   - Try -nocache.

Joseph

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
On 04/18/09 01:47, Stroller wrote:

> On 17 Apr 2009, at 20:43, Joseph wrote:
>> ... I have new camera that records HD (1920x1080) mpeg4 movies, most files
>> are below 3GB;
>
> Assuming videos of your dog / cat / children you're probably best storing
> the original video files on hard-disk, burning as a DVD at standard
> definitions (720x480 or 720x576) and enjoying the movies like that for the
> meantime. I would revisit hi-def video disks in 5 years time, when more
> tools are available, when you have a living-room player that will cope with
> 1920x1080 and when hi-def disks are cheap. You _may_ be able to record
> blu-ray format onto DVD, but since you couldn't playback such a disk
> yourself, why bother? Many viewers are unable to distinguish between DVD &
> blu-ray.
>
> Watch out for framerate issues - you should probably be capturing at the
> correct framerate for your output format, as conversion between framerates
> is problematic ("lossy").
>
> Stroller.

I think that the most sensible advice :-)

I can convert current HD mp4's for storage a DVD:

mkisofs -o foobar.iso foobar.mpg4
cdrecord -v dev=/dev/dvd foobar.iso

though, I'll not be able to play them on any DVD.
For current usage I just convert them to standard DVD:

ffmpeg -i foobar.mpg4 -target ntsc-dvd foobar.mpg # convert to mpeg2
dvdauthor -t -o foobar foobar.mpg # author the file
dvdauthor -T -o foobar

Joseph

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
On 04/17/09 19:41, Joseph wrote:
> For current usage I just convert them to standard DVD:
>
> ffmpeg -i foobar.mpg4 -target ntsc-dvd foobar.mpg # convert to mpeg2
> dvdauthor -t -o foobar foobar.mpg # author the file
> dvdauthor -T -o foobar

Well:
ffmpeg -i foobar.mpg4 -target ntsc-dvd foobar.mpg
is not working wery well, a lot of errors:

[h264 @ 0x62b1a0]AVC: Consumed only 38533 bytes instead of 38540
[h264 @ 0x62b1a0]AVC: Consumed only 36229 bytes instead of 36236
[h264 @ 0x62b1a0]AVC: Consumed only 25207 bytes instead of 25212
[h264 @ 0x62b1a0]AVC: Consumed only 25061 bytes instead of 25068
[h264 @ 0x62b1a0]AVC: Consumed only 25166 bytes instead of 25172
[h264 @ 0x62b1a0]AVC: Consumed only 42910 bytes instead of 42916
[h264 @ 0x62b1a0]AVC: Consumed only 25608 bytes instead of 25612
[h264 @ 0x62b1a0]AVC: Consumed only 25871 bytes instead of 25876
Error while decoding stream #0.1
Error while decoding stream #0.1
Error while decoding stream #0.1
Error while decoding stream #0.1
Error while decoding stream #0.1
Error while decoding stream #0.1

it converted the file but there is no voice.

Joseph

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Paul Hartman-3
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 04/17/09 19:41, Joseph wrote:
>>
>> For current usage I just convert them to standard DVD:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i foobar.mpg4 -target ntsc-dvd foobar.mpg # convert to mpeg2
>> dvdauthor -t -o foobar foobar.mpg # author the file
>> dvdauthor -T -o foobar
>
> Well:
> ffmpeg -i foobar.mpg4 -target ntsc-dvd foobar.mpg
> is not working wery well, a lot of errors:

I highly recommend checking out tovid, it will convert to proper dvd
mpeg format and maintain aspect ratios and all that... I've used it
for a long time without any issues.

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
On 04/17/09 22:43, Paul Hartman wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 04/17/09 19:41, Joseph wrote:
>>>
>>> For current usage I just convert them to standard DVD:
>>>
>>> ffmpeg -i foobar.mpg4 -target ntsc-dvd foobar.mpg # convert to mpeg2
>>> dvdauthor -t -o foobar foobar.mpg # author the file
>>> dvdauthor -T -o foobar
>>
>> Well:
>> ffmpeg -i foobar.mpg4 -target ntsc-dvd foobar.mpg
>> is not working wery well, a lot of errors:
>
>I highly recommend checking out tovid, it will convert to proper dvd
>mpeg format and maintain aspect ratios and all that... I've used it
>for a long time without any issues.

with "tovid" I got errors as well:

Error while decoding stream #0.1
Error while decoding stream #0.1
size=       0kB time=10000000000.00 bitrate=   0.0kbits/s
video:0kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead nan%
[tovid]: Encode stopped, killing all sub processes
[tovid]: Keeping temporary files used during encoding in /home/joseph/foo_encoded.1
[tovid]: tovid encountered an error during encoding:
[tovid]:     There was a problem with encoding the audio to ac3 format.

I think one of the package is missing codecs: mp4a avc1
but I can not figure out which one; as with "transcode" I get errors as well:

transcode -i sany0002_1.mp4 -M1 -y ffmpeg --export_prof dvd-ntsc --export_asr 2 -o movie -D0 -m movie.ac3 -J modfps=clonetype=4 --export_fps 29.97
transcode v1.0.7 (C) 2001-2003 Thomas Oestreich, 2003-2004 T. Bitterberg, 2004-2008 Transcode Team
[codecs] Warning: Could not find audio Decoder for fourcc mp4a
[codecs] Warning: quicktime_decode_audio_stub called
[codecs] Warning: Could not find video Decoder for fourcc avc1
[codecs] Warning: quicktime_decode_video_stub called

Anybody has any idea which package I need to recompile to get codecs:  mp4a avc1 ?

Joseph

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Paul Hartman-3
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anybody has any idea which package I need to recompile to get codecs:  mp4a
> avc1 ?

Okay, avc1 is H.264 which is massively CPU intensive, so that explains
your slow playback (especially for those huge resolutions). I think
mp4a is AAC. So for transcode I would be sure you have "aac" and
"x264" USE flags set. If not, maybe that's why it is failing.

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
On 04/18/09 02:10, Paul Hartman wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Anybody has any idea which package I need to recompile to get codecs:  mp4a
>> avc1 ?
>
>Okay, avc1 is H.264 which is massively CPU intensive, so that explains
>your slow playback (especially for those huge resolutions). I think
>mp4a is AAC. So for transcode I would be sure you have "aac" and
>"x264" USE flags set. If not, maybe that's why it is failing.

I just compiled new transcode-1.1.2 with acc and x264
transcode-1.1.2  USE="X a52 aac alsa dv dvd iconv jpeg mmx mp3 ogg quicktime sdl sse sse2 truetype vorbis x264 xml xvid -3dnow (-altivec) -imagemagick -lzo
-mjpeg -nuv -oss -postproc -theora -v4l2"

but transcode still fails:

transcode -i sany0002_1.mp4 -M1 -y ffmpeg --export_prof dvd-ntsc --export_asr 2 -o movie -D0 -m movie.ac3 -J modfps=clonetype=4 --export_fps 29.97
transcode v1.1.2 (C) 2001-2003 Thomas Oestreich, 2003-2009 Transcode Team
[codecs] Warning: Could not find video Decoder for fourcc avc1
[codecs] Warning: quicktime_decode_video_stub called
[codecs] Warning: Could not find video Decoder for fourcc avc1
[codecs] Warning: quicktime_decode_video_stub called
[transcode] V: auto-probing     | sany0002_1.mp4 (OK)
[transcode] V: import format    | (null) in QuickTime (module=mov)
[transcode] A: auto-probing     | sany0002_1.mp4 (OK)
[transcode] A: import format    | PCM in QuickTime (module=mov)
[transcode] V: AV demux/sync    | (1) sync AV at initial MPEG sequence
[transcode] V: import frame     | 1920x1080  1.78:1  encoded @ 16:9
[transcode] V: pre clip frame   | 1920x1440 (-180,0,-180,0)
[transcode] V: zoom             | 720x480  2.00:1 (Lanczos3)
[transcode] V: bits/pixel       | 0.087 (low)
[transcode] V: decoding fps,frc | 59.940,7
[transcode] V: video format     | YUV420 (4:2:0) aka I420
[transcode] A: import format    | 0x1     PCM          [48000,16,2]
[transcode] A: export format    | 0x55    MPEG ES Layer 3 [48000,16,2]  128 kbps
[transcode] V: export format    | unknown (module dependant)
[transcode] V: encoding fps,frc | 29.970,4
[transcode] A: bytes per frame  | 6408 (6406.400000)
[transcode] A: adjustment       | -1600@1000
[transcode] V: IA32/AMD64 accel | sse3 sse2 sse 3dnowext 3dnow mmxext mmx cmove asm
[transcode] V: video buffer     | 10 @ 1920x1080 [0x2]
[transcode] A: audio buffer     | 10 @ 48000x2x16
[import_mov.so] v0.1.3 (2005-12-04) (video) * | (audio) *
[filter_modfps.so] v0.10 (2003-08-18) plugin to modify framerate
[filter_modfps.so] converting from 59.9401fps to 29.9700fps
[export_ffmpeg.so] v0.3.18 (2008-11-29) (video) Lavc52.11.0 | (audio) MPEG/AC3/PCM
[codecs] Warning: Could not find video Decoder for fourcc avc1
[codecs] Warning: quicktime_decode_video_stub called
[import_mov.so] codec=mp4a, rate=48000 Hz, bits=16, channels=2, samples=912384
[codecs] Warning: Could not find video Decoder for fourcc avc1
[codecs] Warning: quicktime_decode_video_stub called
[import_mov.so] VIDEO: codec=avc1, fps=59.940, width=1920, height=1080, frames=1140
[import_mov.so] warning: quicktime codec 'avc1' not supported for RGB!
[transcode] critical: video import module error: OPEN failed
[transcode] critical: failed to open input source

tovid fails as well.

Joseph

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Paul Hartman-3
On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Joseph <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> [filter_modfps.so] v0.10 (2003-08-18) plugin to modify framerate
> [filter_modfps.so] converting from 59.9401fps to 29.9700fps
> [export_ffmpeg.so] v0.3.18 (2008-11-29) (video) Lavc52.11.0 | (audio)
> MPEG/AC3/PCM
> [codecs] Warning: Could not find video Decoder for fourcc avc1
> [codecs] Warning: quicktime_decode_video_stub called
> [import_mov.so] codec=mp4a, rate=48000 Hz, bits=16, channels=2,
> samples=912384
> [codecs] Warning: Could not find video Decoder for fourcc avc1
> [codecs] Warning: quicktime_decode_video_stub called
> [import_mov.so] VIDEO: codec=avc1, fps=59.940, width=1920, height=1080,
> frames=1140
> [import_mov.so] warning: quicktime codec 'avc1' not supported for RGB!
> [transcode] critical: video import module error: OPEN failed
> [transcode] critical: failed to open input source

Hmm, I'm not sure... is this file (or one like it) available online
anywhere that I could see if it works on my machine?

Re: burning HD mpeg4 to dvd

Joseph-77
On 04/18/09 11:19, Paul Hartman wrote:
>Hmm, I'm not sure... is this file (or one like it) available online
>anywhere that I could see if it works on my machine?

Paul, I've sent you a link to that video if you want to check it out.

--
Joseph

12