catalyst for chroot management ?

Frido Ferdinand
Hi,

Is it possible to use catalyst as a tool for chroot management ? I'm
currently building a chroot environment by hand with unpacking .tbz2
images in de chroot. This is getting rather messy over time with old
directories and missmatching library dependencies. Using the ROOT=
option also creates too many build dependencies I don't need. From
what I read catalyst seems more geared to iso generation, but having
one spec file and 'regeneratable' images look rather interesting.

Regards,

                -- Frido Ferdinand