emerge older version

Laurent Kappler
Hi,

I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in portage
is 6.5.7.

How could I do that??

thanks
Laurent

Re: emerge older version

Zeerak Mustafa Waseem
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:45:20 +0100, Laurent Kappler
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in portage
> is 6.5.7.
>
> How could I do that??
>
> thanks
> Laurent

add this to your package.mask: ">=media-gfx/imagemagick-6.4.7.1" and then
emerge imagemagick again. :-)

Zeerak

Re: emerge older version

Daniel Wagener
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:45:20 +0100
Laurent Kappler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in
> portage is 6.5.7.
>
> How could I do that??
>
> thanks
> Laurent

by using emerge "=ImageMagick-6.4.7.0" - if that version was in portage
though, which is not, according to
http://gentoo-portage.com/media-gfx/imagemagick
so I guess you have to go the hard way by installing it manually...

Re: emerge older version

Neil Bothwick
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:45:20 +0100, Laurent Kappler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in
> portage is 6.5.7.

Go to http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/ browse to the
package you want and select Show dead files. this gives all the obsoleted
ebuilds, pick the files you need and copy them to the
media-gfx/imagemagick directory in your overlay. Then add
">media-gfx/imagemagick-6.4.7.0" to /etc/portage.package.use. You'll need
to "ebuild /path/to/ebuild manifest" before you can emerge it.

Except that particular version is not there, so it was never in portage.
You can either make do with a close version or copy the nearest ebuild
and rename it to match the version you need.

--
Neil Bothwick

 ... We are Dyslexics of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.

Re: emerge older version

Paul Hartman-3
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Laurent Kappler
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in portage is
> 6.5.7.
>
> How could I do that??

Here you can download ebuilds for all previous versions and then put
it in your local overlay:

http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/media-gfx/imagemagick/?hideattic=0

Although it looks like 6.4.7.0 was never in portage. You might be able
to take an ebuild from a version near that one and simply rename it to
the version you want.

Re: emerge older version

Nikos Chantziaras
On 02/09/2010 06:45 PM, Laurent Kappler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in portage
> is 6.5.7.
>
> How could I do that??

You can't, since the lowest version in portage is 6.5.2.9:

  $ eix imagemagick
  [I] media-gfx/imagemagick
      Available versions:  6.5.2.9!u (~)6.5.4.10!u 6.5.7.0!u (~)6.5.8.8!u

Re: emerge older version

Alex Schuster
Laurent Kappler writes:

> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in
>  portage is 6.5.7.
>
> How could I do that??

Look in the attic [*] for old ebuilds. Looks like 6.4.7.0 is not
available, so maybe you will download 6.4.8.3 which is the nearest
version. Put the ebuild into your overlay, create a manifest (like ebuild
/usr/local/portage/media-gfx/imagemagick/imagemagick-6.4.8.3.ebuild
manifest), and try to emerge =media-gfx/imagemagick-6.4.8.3. This might
work, but maybe there is other software you have installed that needs a
newer version - then it would not work so easily.

Why do you need it anyway? You could also just fetch the tarball from
imagemagick.org, build it in a local directory, and install to
/usr/local/.

        Wonko

[*] http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/media-
gfx/imagemagick/?hideattic=0

Re: emerge older version

KH-10
Laurent Kappler schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in portage
> is 6.5.7.
>
> How could I do that??
>
> thanks
> Laurent

Hi,

you will have to search for the source and an ebuild. I remember that
there is a place where all (old) ebuils are saved, but I cannot remember
where. Then you'll need to mask all newer versions.

kh

Re: emerge older version

Laurent Kappler
Alex Schuster a écrit :

> Laurent Kappler writes:
>

>> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in
>>  portage is 6.5.7.
>>
>> How could I do that??
>>

> Look in the attic [*] for old ebuilds. Looks like 6.4.7.0 is not
> available, so maybe you will download 6.4.8.3 which is the nearest
> version. Put the ebuild into your overlay, create a manifest (like ebuild
> /usr/local/portage/media-gfx/imagemagick/imagemagick-6.4.8.3.ebuild
> manifest), and try to emerge =media-gfx/imagemagick-6.4.8.3. This might
> work, but maybe there is other software you have installed that needs a
> newer version - then it would not work so easily.
>
> Why do you need it anyway? You could also just fetch the tarball from
> imagemagick.org, build it in a local directory, and install to
> /usr/local/.
>
> Wonko
>
> [*] http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/media-
> gfx/imagemagick/?hideattic=0

Thank you, I will check all this ;)

Laurent

Slow list? (was: Re: emerge older version)

Alex Schuster
Wow, seven mostly similar answers. Is the list becoming slow? When I
posted about an hour after the question was posted, there were no answers
yet. Let's see how long this post takes to arrive. Usually it's just a
matter of a few minutes.

        Wonko

Re: emerge older version

Laurent Kappler
Alex Schuster a écrit :

> Laurent Kappler writes:
>

>> I'm tryin to emerge ImageMagick version 6.4.7.0 while current in
>>  portage is 6.5.7.
>>
>> How could I do that??
>>

> Look in the attic [*] for old ebuilds. Looks like 6.4.7.0 is not
> available, so maybe you will download 6.4.8.3 which is the nearest
> version. Put the ebuild into your overlay, create a manifest (like ebuild
> /usr/local/portage/media-gfx/imagemagick/imagemagick-6.4.8.3.ebuild
> manifest), and try to emerge =media-gfx/imagemagick-6.4.8.3. This might
> work, but maybe there is other software you have installed that needs a
> newer version - then it would not work so easily.
>
> Why do you need it anyway? You could also just fetch the tarball from
> imagemagick.org, build it in a local directory, and install to
> /usr/local/.
>
> Wonko
>
> [*] http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/media-
> gfx/imagemagick/?hideattic=0

I'm using Haxe/Neko and we have a wrapper for ImageMagick, but as no one
did really use it often the last version is made for IM 6.4.7.
So I might download the ebuild 6.4.5 in a hurry, then we will update the
Haxe library.

Laurent

Re: Slow list?

Nikos Chantziaras
On 02/09/2010 09:32 PM, Alex Schuster wrote:
> Wow, seven mostly similar answers. Is the list becoming slow? When I
> posted about an hour after the question was posted, there were no answers
> yet. Let's see how long this post takes to arrive. Usually it's just a
> matter of a few minutes.

I noticed that too; I thought it's GMane's fault (I'm posting through
their NNTP server.)

Re: emerge older version

Willie Wong-4
On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 08:39:45PM +0100, Laurent Kappler wrote:
> I'm using Haxe/Neko and we have a wrapper for ImageMagick, but as no one
> did really use it often the last version is made for IM 6.4.7.
> So I might download the ebuild 6.4.5 in a hurry, then we will update the
> Haxe library.

I know nothing about the Haxe language, but google suggests that there
is a library called nmagick which ports the IM library to haXe and
Neko platforms. Maybe you don't need to write your own wrapper?

Willie W. Wong                                     [hidden email]
         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton