euse after portage upgrade

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

euse after portage upgrade

András Csányi-7
Hi All,

Yesterday there was an portage upgrade and after that I got it if I
would like to use euse:

sayusi-desktop sayusi # euse -E gtk3
ERROR: $PORTDIR couldn't be determined

What is it and why that variable not determined? I did not do anything
and my machine was estarted since portage upgrade. According to the
logs I use

sys-apps/portage-2.1.13.2 - 07/30/2013

and gentoolkit package was re-emerged.

Should I file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org?

Thanks for any help!

András

--
--  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
--  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: euse after portage upgrade

Helmut Jarausch
On 08/01/2013 09:42:35 AM, András Csányi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Yesterday there was an portage upgrade and after that I got it if I
> would like to use euse:
>
> sayusi-desktop sayusi # euse -E gtk3
> ERROR: $PORTDIR couldn't be determined
>
> What is it and why that variable not determined? I did not do anything
> and my machine was estarted since portage upgrade. According to the
> logs I use
>
> sys-apps/portage-2.1.13.2 - 07/30/2013
>
> and gentoolkit package was re-emerged.
>
> Should I file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> András

I think this bug is known. A work-around is to add the line

PORTDIR=/usr/portage

(or something different if your portage tree is not in /usr/portage)

to your /etc/portage/make.conf  file


Helmut


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: euse after portage upgrade

András Csányi-7
On 1 August 2013 11:18, Helmut Jarausch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 08/01/2013 09:42:35 AM, András Csányi wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Yesterday there was an portage upgrade and after that I got it if I
>> would like to use euse:
>>
>> sayusi-desktop sayusi # euse -E gtk3
>> ERROR: $PORTDIR couldn't be determined
>>
>> What is it and why that variable not determined? I did not do anything
>> and my machine was estarted since portage upgrade. According to the
>> logs I use
>>
>> sys-apps/portage-2.1.13.2 - 07/30/2013
>>
>> and gentoolkit package was re-emerged.
>>
>> Should I file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org?
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>>
>> András
>
>
> I think this bug is known. A work-around is to add the line
>
> PORTDIR=/usr/portage
>
> (or something different if your portage tree is not in /usr/portage)
>
> to your /etc/portage/make.conf  file

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for the solution.

--
--  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
--  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: euse after portage upgrade

Paul Hartman-3
In reply to this post by András Csányi-7
On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:42 AM, András Csányi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Yesterday there was an portage upgrade and after that I got it if I
> would like to use euse:
>
> sayusi-desktop sayusi # euse -E gtk3
> ERROR: $PORTDIR couldn't be determined
>
> What is it and why that variable not determined? I did not do anything
> and my machine was estarted since portage upgrade. According to the
> logs I use
>
> sys-apps/portage-2.1.13.2 - 07/30/2013
>
> and gentoolkit package was re-emerged.
>
> Should I file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org?

When I upgraded portage yesterday, it added this PORTDIR line to
make.conf for me when I ran etc-update. Did you update your config
files after upgrading portage?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: euse after portage upgrade

András Csányi-7
On 1 August 2013 16:16, Paul Hartman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When I upgraded portage yesterday, it added this PORTDIR line to
> make.conf for me when I ran etc-update. Did you update your config
> files after upgrading portage?

I remember there was an etc-update, but make.conf was not among those
files where an update is required as far as I remember.
Hopefully, I was not pay any attention.

I did the update manually and the error message disappeared.

--
--  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
--  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell