gentoo: Please drop mirror.switch.ch from the list of mirror sites

gentoo: Please drop mirror.switch.ch from the list of mirror sites

SWITCHmirror - Thomas Lenggenhager
Hello gentoo

The SWITCHmirror service hosted on mirror.switch.ch
will be decommissioned soon.

Could you please remove the entry for mirror.switch.ch
from your list of mirror sites and notify us once accomplished?

Thereafter, we will stop the mirroring of this package and
drop it from our repository.

Many thanks and kind regards
Thomas Lenggenhager

PS: See http://mirror.switch.ch for details on the decommissioning.

--
SWITCH
Thomas Lenggenhager, Trust & Identity
http://mirror.switch.ch

Re: gentoo: Please drop mirror.switch.ch from the list of mirror sites

Robin H. Johnson-2
On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 05:22:03PM +0100, SWITCHmirror - Thomas Lenggenhager wrote:

> Hello gentoo
>
> The SWITCHmirror service hosted on mirror.switch.ch
> will be decommissioned soon.
>
> Could you please remove the entry for mirror.switch.ch
> from your list of mirror sites and notify us once accomplished?
>
> Thereafter, we will stop the mirroring of this package and
> drop it from our repository.
>
> Many thanks and kind regards
> Thomas Lenggenhager
>
> PS: See http://mirror.switch.ch for details on the decommissioning.
Do you still see SWITCHmirror listed somewhere for Gentoo?

It was removed from our listings in August, when we were informed of the
upcoming shutdown.

Bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/663900
Commit: https://gitweb.gentoo.org/data/api.git/commit/?id=749fca4e0c880832c496e7930fc46ba9f7c0f619

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment