how to allow pop,smtp ports on a squid?

El Nino
Dear friends,

i'm very new to squid & setuped one for testing purpose, now some users mail accounts are on an outside mail server.so, how can it allow them to send recive mails through my proxy server(pop & smtp)? (how to allow pop & smtp protocols through a squid?)

all advices are welcome.

"The future lies ahead."
_______________________
< Have you mooed today? >
        \    ^__^
         \   (oo) \_______
             (__) \             )\/\
                    | |-----w   |
                    | |        | |

2.6.13-gentoo-r4

Re: how to allow pop,smtp ports on a squid?

jarry-2
El Nino wrote:

> i'm very new to squid & setuped one for testing purpose, now some users
> mail accounts are on an outside mail server.so, how can it allow them to
> send recive mails through my proxy server(pop & smtp)? (how to allow pop
> & smtp protocols through a squid?)

I'm not sure, but I think squid is just http/ftp proxy-server. It has
nothing to do with pop3/smtp (only if you want to access mail through
web)...

Jarry

Re: how to allow pop,smtp ports on a squid?

Norberto Bensa
El Nino wrote:
> Dear friends,
> (how to allow pop &
> smtp protocols through a squid?)

You can't

You want postfix/exim/qmail/whatever as an smtp relay -perhaps to your ISP
smtp server- and fetchmail for your pop/imap accounts.

HTH,
Norberto

--
Norberto Bensa