kactivitymanagerd endless update loop

Jörg Schaible-2
Hi,

my system is still KDE 4 with the help of kde-sunset. However, I face an
endless loop installing kactivitymanagerd. The package has been in group
kde-base for KDE 4 and so it is in kde-sunset. However in central portage
tree it has been moved to group kde-plasma.

The annoying part is now, that portage is constantly moving with each sync
the installed kde-base/kactivitymanagerd-4.13.3-r1 into group kde-plasma
with the result that portage tries to install kde-
base/kactivitymanagerd-4.13.3-r1 as new package. Which fails, because
portage detects that some install files already exist.

So I have to uninstall kde-plasma/kactivitymanagerd-4.13.3-r1 and let
portage install again kde-base/kactivitymanagerd-4.13.3-r1 until the next
sync.

How can I stop portage from moving the package into another group?

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: kactivitymanagerd endless update loop

James Le Cuirot
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 18:03:08 +0200
Jörg Schaible <[hidden email]> wrote:

> my system is still KDE 4 with the help of kde-sunset. However, I face
> an endless loop installing kactivitymanagerd. The package has been in
> group kde-base for KDE 4 and so it is in kde-sunset. However in
> central portage tree it has been moved to group kde-plasma.

Aaaand what does this have to do with Java exactly? :|

--
James Le Cuirot (chewi)
Gentoo Linux Developer