kdexdeltas

lostson
Hello All
 I was looking at some things tonight and noticed the use flag kdexdeltas.
What is this use flag used for, thanks.
--
LostSon

http://wwww.lostsonsvault.org

    /\
    \ \  \__/ \__/
     \ \ (oo) (oo)
      \_\/~~\_/~~\_
     _.-~===========~-._
    (___________________)
          \_______/
I Want To Believe

Re: kdexdeltas

Kevin Hanson
LostSon wrote:

>Hello All
> I was looking at some things tonight and noticed the use flag kdexdeltas.
>What is this use flag used for, thanks.

running 'euse -i kdexdeltas' tells me:

"kdexdeltas - Makes kde ebuilds download binary diffs rather than entire
new tarballs for every new release"

Cheers,
Kevin

Re: kdexdeltas

lostson
On Tuesday 15 November 2005 11:32 pm, Kevin Hanson wrote:
 hmm that is interesting so basically updating KDE would be much faster. Would
this hurt performance though as you are not re-compiling everything per se ??

--
LostSon

http://wwww.lostsonsvault.org

    /\
    \ \  \__/ \__/
     \ \ (oo) (oo)
      \_\/~~\_/~~\_
     _.-~===========~-._
    (___________________)
          \_______/
I Want To Believe

Re: kdexdeltas

Alexander Skwar-11
LostSon schrieb:
> Hello All
>  I was looking at some things tonight and noticed the use flag kdexdeltas.
> What is this use flag used for, thanks.

alexander@blatt ~ $ euse -i kdexdeltas
global use flags (searching: kdexdeltas)

Re: kdexdeltas

Alexander Skwar-11
LostSon schrieb:
> On Tuesday 15 November 2005 11:32 pm, Kevin Hanson wrote:
>  hmm that is interesting so basically updating KDE would be much faster.

No, it wouldn't. The opposite is true.

> Would
> this hurt performance

No.

> though as you are not re-compiling everything per se ??

No, that's wrong again. You're still compiling everything.

PS: Please don't top quote with full quotes. Makes reading
harder.

Alexander Skwar

Re: kdexdeltas

Mark-203

This only saves you space in your distfiles directory. Instead of
having full tarballs for each release of KDE, you get the major
release and then all the minor fixes in "xdelta" packages.