libffi situation

Luis Francisco Araujo
Hello there,

This email is to ask for suggestions about bug #163724 , I am myself one
of the maintainer of several packages depending upon such a library, and
the current situation isn't helping too much to decide how to handle
such a packages.

As we all know, the independent libffi project was long time
unmaintained , but it seems like the developers have started to work on
it again; I _think_ the best approach would be to give it preference
instead of the gcc option.

So, I ask, what road should we take?

Also, can we probably unmask the dev-libs/libffi package?, it seems to
me a bit exaggerated that it is masked.

Thanks and Regards,

--

Luis F. Araujo "araujo at gentoo.org"