libreoffice 6

james-3
Hello,

I recently upgraded to LO 6.0.6.2; the upgrade went fine.

When saving docs, I had it default to ".doc" as the most
common format and I mostly use libreoffice for doz based
folks.

Now the save option does not list out all of those choices to save
a file as, like ::    pdf .doc  .docx, etc etc. all I see now is
3 types of 'odg'

: All formats
odg drawing
odg drawing template
fiat xml odg dreawing

I can File --> export --> .pdf

So where do I set the default file type (.doc) for save?

did I miss a flag or extra module for this traditional behavior
to set automatically. ?

TIA,
James

Re: libreoffice 6

Arve Barsnes
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 21:08, james <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So where do I set the default file type (.doc) for save?

Possibly in
Tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> General

> did I miss a flag or extra module for this traditional behavior
> to set automatically. ?

I don't seem to have anything special in my compile settings for
libreoffice, so I don't think so. Interestingly, I don't have any of
the three options you list, it's suspicious that all of them are some
kind of 'drawing' format...

Cheers,
Arve

Re: libreoffice 6

Nuno Silva
On 2018-09-04, james wrote:

> I recently upgraded to LO 6.0.6.2; the upgrade went fine.
>

> When saving docs, I had it default to ".doc" as the most
> common format and I mostly use libreoffice for doz based
> folks.
>

> Now the save option does not list out all of those choices to save
> a file as, like ::    pdf .doc  .docx, etc etc. all I see now is
> 3 types of 'odg'
>
> : All formats
> odg drawing
> odg drawing template
> fiat xml odg dreawing

I don't use LibreOffice myself (openoffice-bin here), but those look
like native formats for LibreOffice Draw.

Any chance you opened LibreOffice Draw by mistake? (Or that they changed
the UI so that what you used to do to open a blank text document now
opens a "draw document"?)

--
Nuno Silva

Re: libreoffice 6

james-3
On 9/4/18 4:25 PM, Arve Barsnes wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 21:08, james <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> So where do I set the default file type (.doc) for save?
>
> Possibly in
> Tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> General

Yea it's there; but I have not yet found how to make it permanent (default).

>> did I miss a flag or extra module for this traditional behavior
>> to set automatically. ?
>
> I don't seem to have anything special in my compile settings for
> libreoffice, so I don't think so. Interestingly, I don't have any of
> the three options you list, it's suspicious that all of them are some
> kind of 'drawing' format...

It a pdf government form. Libreoffice has a whole bunch of graphics
boxes along the left hand side, so I guess those defaults are do
to how the (pdf) file creator set defaults. Gotta test on a blank
text from.

Testing a raw (newly created) text file does give a differnet list
of file save options.

(gasp) I guess I just gott bite the bullet and sink a couple hours into
this 6.x libreoffice.  I was back a few version on LO-5.x, just for this
reason.....

thx for the help.

James