multilib profile on amd64 ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

multilib profile on amd64 ?

Nicolas MASSE
Hello,

I have an amd64 system using the hardened profile
(../var/portage/profiles/hardened/amd64) and I tried to compile gcc with the
multilib use falg but it failed with :

/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping
incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/../../libc.so when searching
for -lc
/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping
incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/../../libc.a when searching for
-lc
/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when
searching for -lc
/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when
searching for -lc
/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [32/libgcc_s_32.so] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/build/gcc'
make[2]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/build/gcc'
make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/build/gcc'
make: *** [profiledbootstrap] Error 2

!!! ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-3.4.4-r1 failed.
!!! Function gcc_do_make, Line 1311, Exitcode 2

After further investigations, it seems that I need to compile my libc for two
abi : 32 and 64 bits. But in my make.default I only have :

MULTILIB_ABIS="amd64"
DEFAULT_ABI="amd64"
ABI="amd64"

I searched for help and I found :
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.hardened/1525
http://dev.gentoo.org/~plasmaroo/devmanual/archs/amd64/

I wonder how I could build the 32 bits version of the libraries of my system.

Any idea ?
--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: multilib profile on amd64 ?

solar-4
On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 18:37 +0100, Nicolas MASSE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an amd64 system using the hardened profile
> (../var/portage/profiles/hardened/amd64) and I tried to compile gcc with the
> multilib use falg but it failed with :
>
> /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping
> incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/../../libc.so when searching
> for -lc
> /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping
> incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/../../libc.a when searching for
> -lc
> /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.so when
> searching for -lc
> /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libc.a when
> searching for -lc
> /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [32/libgcc_s_32.so] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/build/gcc'
> make[2]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/build/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/portage/gcc-3.4.4-r1/work/build/gcc'
> make: *** [profiledbootstrap] Error 2
>
> !!! ERROR: sys-devel/gcc-3.4.4-r1 failed.
> !!! Function gcc_do_make, Line 1311, Exitcode 2
>
> After further investigations, it seems that I need to compile my libc for two
> abi : 32 and 64 bits. But in my make.default I only have :
>
> MULTILIB_ABIS="amd64"
> DEFAULT_ABI="amd64"
> ABI="amd64"
>
> I searched for help and I found :
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.hardened/1525
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~plasmaroo/devmanual/archs/amd64/
>
> I wonder how I could build the 32 bits version of the libraries of my system.
>
> Any idea ?


For now use the amd64 multilib profile thats not located under the
hardened subtree. sync up USE flags with the hardened profile. emerge
gcc ; emerge -e world.
Start from an amd64 multilib stage[1-3] also.
use >=hardened-sources-2.6.13

When >=hardened-sources-2.6.13 hits stable a mutlib amd64 profile will
be created and we will probably include stages[1-3] in experimental on
the mirrors (but no promises).

--
Ned Ludd <[hidden email]>
Gentoo Linux

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: multilib profile on amd64 ?

Nicolas MASSE
On Sunday 27 November 2005 18:55, Ned Ludd wrote:
> For now use the amd64 multilib profile thats not located under the
> hardened subtree. sync up USE flags with the hardened profile. emerge
> gcc ; emerge -e world.
> Start from an amd64 multilib stage[1-3] also.
> use >=hardened-sources-2.6.13
>

Ok, I try that, and I'll give the result probably tomorrow.

Nicolas MASSE

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: multilib profile on amd64 ?

solar-4
On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 21:49 +0100, Nicolas MASSE wrote:
> On Sunday 27 November 2005 18:55, Ned Ludd wrote:
> > For now use the amd64 multilib profile thats not located under the
> > hardened subtree. sync up USE flags with the hardened profile. emerge
> > gcc ; emerge -e world.
> > Start from an amd64 multilib stage[1-3] also.
> > use >=hardened-sources-2.6.13
> >
>
> Ok, I try that, and I'll give the result probably tomorrow.

it works I've done it myself.

--
Ned Ludd <[hidden email]>
Gentoo Linux

--
[hidden email] mailing list