need help to update Java Wiki page

Kyle Pan
Hi,

I'm a student of GSoc 2011 on Gentoo/Java IDE integration Project.
I've finished my coding and  now about documentation I see an entry
of "IDE Integration" on  Gentoo Java Wiki
(http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki) and I'd like to write
about my project there.

I want to ask  about tips on how to do that( eg. how to get the modify
rights of the wiki, and I'm also not sure whether I should update it
myself or I should send the my article to someone has updating
priviledge and he will update, sorry I don't clear about the process)
or  would someone can grant me directly if it's acceptable. (of course
that would be better)

My mentor said I can ask here.

Thanks in advance. Any tips I'll appreciate it!

--
Best Regards,
Jiale Pan (Kyle Pan)

Re: need help to update Java Wiki page

Petteri Räty-2
On 17.08.2011 16:21, Kyle Pan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a student of GSoc 2011 on Gentoo/Java IDE integration Project.
> I've finished my coding and  now about documentation I see an entry
> of "IDE Integration" on  Gentoo Java Wiki
> (http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki) and I'd like to write
> about my project there.
>
> I want to ask  about tips on how to do that( eg. how to get the modify
> rights of the wiki, and I'm also not sure whether I should update it
> myself or I should send the my article to someone has updating
> priviledge and he will update, sorry I don't clear about the process)
> or  would someone can grant me directly if it's acceptable. (of course
> that would be better)

You can update the page yourself. The credentials for the wiki should be
the same as for the svn repository. If they don't work then you can be
in contact with [hidden email] to get access (I cced them so they
know that the access can be granted). I think further communication on
the access matter is probably better to be done through [hidden email]
as I doubt the general public is interested in the administrative stuff.

Regards,
Petteri

Re: Re: need help to update Java Wiki page

Kasun Gajasinghe
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Petteri Räty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17.08.2011 16:21, Kyle Pan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm a student of GSoc 2011 on Gentoo/Java IDE integration Project.
>> I've finished my coding and  now about documentation I see an entry
>> of "IDE Integration" on  Gentoo Java Wiki
>> (http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki) and I'd like to write
>> about my project there.
>>
>> I want to ask  about tips on how to do that( eg. how to get the modify
>> rights of the wiki, and I'm also not sure whether I should update it
>> myself or I should send the my article to someone has updating
>> priviledge and he will update, sorry I don't clear about the process)
>> or  would someone can grant me directly if it's acceptable. (of course
>> that would be better)
>>

> You can update the page yourself. The credentials for the wiki should be
> the same as for the svn repository. If they don't work then you can be
> in contact with [hidden email] to get access (I cced them so they
> know that the access can be granted). I think further communication on
> the access matter is probably better to be done through [hidden email]
> as I doubt the general public is interested in the administrative stuff.

Hi Kyle Pan,
I'm the other student of Summer of Code in Gentoo-Java. Credentials
for svn repository has worked for me.

Regards,
--Kasun

--