net-print/cndrvcups* up for grabs

Pacho Ramos
Hello

I almost lost access to the unique printer that was relying on this driver.
Also, even if the current latest version was still working there, it will need a
major update to newer cnRdrvcups driver sooner or later
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cnrdrvcups-lb/
https://www.canon-europe.com/support/products/imagerunner/imagerunner-1730i.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=linux

Hence, the following packages are up for grabs now
net-print/cndrvcups-common-lb
net-print/cndrvcups-lb

Thanks

Re: net-print/cndrvcups* up for grabs

Joonas Niilola

On 10/20/19 1:22 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:

> Hello
>
> I almost lost access to the unique printer that was relying on this driver.
> Also, even if the current latest version was still working there, it will need a
> major update to newer cnRdrvcups driver sooner or later
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cnrdrvcups-lb/
> https://www.canon-europe.com/support/products/imagerunner/imagerunner-1730i.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=linux
>
> Hence, the following packages are up for grabs now
> net-print/cndrvcups-common-lb
> net-print/cndrvcups-lb
>
> Thanks
Hey,

Here's my attempt at updating it. I'd appreciate any kind of testing if
you can before I (possibly) push it to the tree. It's based on current
cndrvcups-lb ebuild, your work I guess? I posted my ebuild and some
additional comments in a bug:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/695896#c2

I could use some help decoding that QA notice too, mentioned in the bug...

-- juippis