newsitem: openrc 0.33 "service" binary removal

newsitem: openrc 0.33 "service" binary removal

William Hubbs
All,

OpenRC 0.33 will remove the "service" binary, which is currently a copy
of the "rc-service" binary. The reason for this is that "service" will
be provided by sys-apps/init-system-helpers.

Here is the news item:

Thanks,

William

2017-10-15-openrc-service-binary-removal.en.txt (470 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: newsitem: openrc 0.33 "service" binary removal

William Hubbs
All,

if there are no objections to this, I would like to publish the newsitem
tomorrow and release OpenRC 0.33 at the same time.

If I do not see any responses by 24 hours from now I will do so.

Thanks,

William

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 01:37:35PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
> All,
>
> if there are no objections to this, I would like to publish the newsitem
> tomorrow and release OpenRC 0.33 at the same time.
>
> If I do not see any responses by 24 hours from now I will do so.

All,

this has been done.

Sorry it ended up being a couple of hours early. Chalk that up to me
losing track of time. ;-)

William