[prefix][aix] please test findutils-4.3.6

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[prefix][aix] please test findutils-4.3.6

Fabian Groffen-2
I just committed findutils-4.3.6 and had to drop the aix patch as it
didn't apply any more.  It looks however as if the patch is sort of
applied upstream (code is entirely different), so maybe it just works.
Please AIX people test this ebuild.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [prefix][aix] please test findutils-4.3.6

Marshall McMullen
I tested on AIX 5.2, and unfortunately it fails for me.  Here's the output:

In file included from defs.h:27,
                 from tree.c:23:
/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:509:
error: conflicting types for 'fgetpos64'
/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:310:
error: previous declaration of 'fgetpos64' was here
/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:512:
error: conflicting types for 'fseeko64'
/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:449:
error: previous declaration of 'fseeko64' was here
/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:513:
error: conflicting types for 'fsetpos64'
/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/includepowerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0-gcc
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../gnulib/lib -I../lib -I../gnulib/lib
-I../intl -DLOCALEDIR=\"/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/share/locale\"
-g -O2 -MT find.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/find.Tpo -c -o find.o find.c
/stdio.h:312: error: previous declaration of 'fsetpos64' was here
/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:514:
error: conflicting types for 'ftello64'
/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:450:
error: previous declaration of 'ftello64' was here
In file included from ../gnulib/lib/unistd.h:23,
                 from defs.h:31,
                 from tree.c:23:
///usr/include/unistd.h:171: error: conflicting types for 'lseek64'
///usr/include/unistd.h:169: error: previous declaration of 'lseek64' was here
In file included from ///usr/include/unistd.h:735,
                 from ../gnulib/lib/unistd.h:23,
                 from defs.h:31,
                 from tree.c:23:
/usr/include/sys/lockf.h:64: error: conflicting types for 'lockf64'
/usr/include/sys/lockf.h:62: error: previous declaration of 'lockf64' was here
In file included from ../gnulib/lib/unistd.h:23,
                 from defs.h:31,
                 from tree.c:23:
///usr/include/unistd.h:781: error: conflicting types for 'ftruncate64'
///usr/include/unistd.h:779: error: previous declaration of
'ftruncate64' was here
///usr/include/unistd.h:816: error: conflicting types for 'truncate64'
///usr/include/unistd.h:814: error: previous declaration of
'truncate64' was here
///usr/include/unistd.h:833: error: conflicting types for 'pread64'
///usr/include/unistd.h:830: error: previous declaration of 'pread64' was here
///usr/include/unistd.h:834: error: conflicting types for 'pwrite64'
///usr/include/unistd.h:831: error: previous declaration of 'pwrite64' was here
///usr/include/unistd.h:901: error: conflicting types for 'fclear64'
///usr/include/unistd.h:898: error: previous declaration of 'fclear64' was here
///usr/include/unistd.h:902: error: conflicting types for 'fsync_range64'
///usr/include/unistd.h:899: error: previous declaration of
'fsync_range64' was here
mv -f .deps/finddata.Tpo .deps/finddata.Po
parser.c:941:2: warning: #warning "no error checking on the previous line"
parser.c:1205:2: warning: #warning "consider replacing all calls to
atio with a utility function"
parser.c:2267:2: warning: #warning "no success checking has occured in
atoi on previous line"
make[3]: *** [tree.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f .deps/fstype.Tpo .deps/fstype.Po
mv -f .deps/ftsfind.Tpo .deps/ftsfind.Po
mv -f .deps/util.Tpo .deps/util.Po
mv -f .deps/find.Tpo .deps/find.Po
mv -f .deps/pred.Tpo .deps/pred.Po
mv -f .deps/parser.Tpo .deps/parser.Po
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6/work/findutils-4.3.6/find'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6/work/findutils-4.3.6/find'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6/work/findutils-4.3.6'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1564:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 916:   Called qa_call 'src_compile'
  ebuild.sh, line 44:   Called src_compile
  findutils-4.3.6.ebuild, line 62:   Called die

!!! make failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
stack if relevant.
!!! A complete build log is located at
'/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6/temp/build.log'.


On 5/31/07, Fabian Groffen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just committed findutils-4.3.6 and had to drop the aix patch as it
> didn't apply any more.  It looks however as if the patch is sort of
> applied upstream (code is entirely different), so maybe it just works.
> Please AIX people test this ebuild.
>
> --
> Fabian Groffen
> Gentoo on a different level
>
> --
> [hidden email] mailing list
>
>


--
Marshall McMullen
[hidden email]
[hidden email]
[hidden email]

In France, there's a popular saying about Linux that essentially translates as:
"Linux? You can get a less powerful system, but it will cost you more."
--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [prefix][aix] please test findutils-4.3.6

Michael Haubenwallner
Hi,

here's the patch required for findutils-4.3.6 on aix.

Yes, that two parts of the aix-patch were applied due to some
bug-reports, but this one seems to be another new one.

/haubi/

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 13:24 -0500, Marshall McMullen wrote:

> I tested on AIX 5.2, and unfortunately it fails for me.  Here's the output:
>
> In file included from defs.h:27,
>                  from tree.c:23:
> /home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:509:
> error: conflicting types for 'fgetpos64'
> /home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:310:
> error: previous declaration of 'fgetpos64' was here
> /home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:512:
> error: conflicting types for 'fseeko64'
> /home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:449:
> error: previous declaration of 'fseeko64' was here
> /home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:513:
> error: conflicting types for 'fsetpos64'
> /home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/includepowerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0-gcc
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../gnulib/lib -I../lib -I../gnulib/lib
> -I../intl -DLOCALEDIR=\"/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/share/locale\"
> -g -O2 -MT find.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/find.Tpo -c -o find.o find.c
> /stdio.h:312: error: previous declaration of 'fsetpos64' was here
> /home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:514:
> error: conflicting types for 'ftello64'
> /home/mdmcmull/.overlay/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/4.1.2/include/stdio.h:450:
> error: previous declaration of 'ftello64' was here
> In file included from ../gnulib/lib/unistd.h:23,
>                  from defs.h:31,
>                  from tree.c:23:
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:171: error: conflicting types for 'lseek64'
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:169: error: previous declaration of 'lseek64' was here
> In file included from ///usr/include/unistd.h:735,
>                  from ../gnulib/lib/unistd.h:23,
>                  from defs.h:31,
>                  from tree.c:23:
> /usr/include/sys/lockf.h:64: error: conflicting types for 'lockf64'
> /usr/include/sys/lockf.h:62: error: previous declaration of 'lockf64' was here
> In file included from ../gnulib/lib/unistd.h:23,
>                  from defs.h:31,
>                  from tree.c:23:
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:781: error: conflicting types for 'ftruncate64'
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:779: error: previous declaration of
> 'ftruncate64' was here
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:816: error: conflicting types for 'truncate64'
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:814: error: previous declaration of
> 'truncate64' was here
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:833: error: conflicting types for 'pread64'
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:830: error: previous declaration of 'pread64' was here
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:834: error: conflicting types for 'pwrite64'
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:831: error: previous declaration of 'pwrite64' was here
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:901: error: conflicting types for 'fclear64'
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:898: error: previous declaration of 'fclear64' was here
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:902: error: conflicting types for 'fsync_range64'
> ///usr/include/unistd.h:899: error: previous declaration of
> 'fsync_range64' was here
> mv -f .deps/finddata.Tpo .deps/finddata.Po
> parser.c:941:2: warning: #warning "no error checking on the previous line"
> parser.c:1205:2: warning: #warning "consider replacing all calls to
> atio with a utility function"
> parser.c:2267:2: warning: #warning "no success checking has occured in
> atoi on previous line"
> make[3]: *** [tree.o] Error 1
> make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> mv -f .deps/fstype.Tpo .deps/fstype.Po
> mv -f .deps/ftsfind.Tpo .deps/ftsfind.Po
> mv -f .deps/util.Tpo .deps/util.Po
> mv -f .deps/find.Tpo .deps/find.Po
> mv -f .deps/pred.Tpo .deps/pred.Po
> mv -f .deps/parser.Tpo .deps/parser.Po
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6/work/findutils-4.3.6/find'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6/work/findutils-4.3.6/find'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6/work/findutils-4.3.6'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> !!! ERROR: sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6 failed.
> Call stack:
>   ebuild.sh, line 1564:   Called dyn_compile
>   ebuild.sh, line 916:   Called qa_call 'src_compile'
>   ebuild.sh, line 44:   Called src_compile
>   findutils-4.3.6.ebuild, line 62:   Called die
>
> !!! make failed
> !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
> stack if relevant.
> !!! A complete build log is located at
> '/home/mdmcmull/.overlay/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/findutils-4.3.6/temp/build.log'.
>
>
> On 5/31/07, Fabian Groffen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I just committed findutils-4.3.6 and had to drop the aix patch as it
> > didn't apply any more.  It looks however as if the patch is sort of
> > applied upstream (code is entirely different), so maybe it just works.
> > Please AIX people test this ebuild.
> >
> > --
> > Fabian Groffen
> > Gentoo on a different level
> >
> > --
> > [hidden email] mailing list
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Marshall McMullen
> [hidden email]
> [hidden email]
> [hidden email]
>
> In France, there's a popular saying about Linux that essentially translates as:
> "Linux? You can get a less powerful system, but it will cost you more."

findutils-4.3.6-aix.patch (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [prefix][aix] please test findutils-4.3.6

Fabian Groffen-2
On 08-06-2007 16:12:53 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here's the patch required for findutils-4.3.6 on aix.

Thanks, applied.

> Yes, that two parts of the aix-patch were applied due to some
> bug-reports, but this one seems to be another new one.

I guessed so from the error messages.


--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [prefix][aix] please test findutils-4.3.6

Marshall McMullen
I can confirm that findutils-4.3.6 installs just fine on AIX 5.2.  Thanks!

On 6/8/07, Fabian Groffen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 08-06-2007 16:12:53 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > here's the patch required for findutils-4.3.6 on aix.
>
> Thanks, applied.
>
> > Yes, that two parts of the aix-patch were applied due to some
> > bug-reports, but this one seems to be another new one.
>
> I guessed so from the error messages.
>
>
> --
> Fabian Groffen
> Gentoo on a different level
>
> --
> [hidden email] mailing list
>
>


--
Marshall McMullen
[hidden email]
[hidden email]
[hidden email]

In France, there's a popular saying about Linux that essentially translates as:
"Linux? You can get a less powerful system, but it will cost you more."
--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [prefix][aix] please test findutils-4.3.6

Michael Haubenwallner
In reply to this post by Fabian Groffen-2
On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 16:18 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 08-06-2007 16:12:53 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > here's the patch required for findutils-4.3.6 on aix.
>
> Thanks, applied.

FYI: This should be fixed in findutils-4.3.7 according to:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?20128

/haubi/

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [prefix][aix] please test findutils-4.3.6

Fabian Groffen-2
On 10-06-2007 23:46:13 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 16:18 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> > On 08-06-2007 16:12:53 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > here's the patch required for findutils-4.3.6 on aix.
> >
> > Thanks, applied.
>
> FYI: This should be fixed in findutils-4.3.7 according to:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?20128

Version bump has already been applied in the main tree, so it should
soon migrate into the prefix tree.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

--
[hidden email] mailing list