[prefix] binutils-config ld-wrapper as sf-package

[prefix] binutils-config ld-wrapper as sf-package

Michael Haubenwallner
Hi,

now I've finished an initial snapshot[1] of the binutils-config
ld-wrapper[2].

Attached is a patch against binutils-config-1.9-r4 to use ld-wrapper
from "toolchain-prefix-wrapper-0.svn69".

Currently I'm remerging system on aix5.3 - looks very good...

[1] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=191940&package_id=234579
[2] http://prefix-launcher.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/prefix-launcher/toolchain-prefix-wrapper/trunk/

/haubi/

binutils-config-package.patch (14K) Download Attachment

Re: [prefix] binutils-config ld-wrapper as sf-package

Marshall McMullen
Oh! I'm anxious to try this out too.  I'll try on AIX 5.2 and report.....

--
Marshall McMullen

In France, there's a popular saying about Linux that essentially translates as:
"Linux? You can get a less powerful system, but it will cost you more."

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 17:50 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now I've finished an initial snapshot[1] of the binutils-config
> ld-wrapper[2].
>
> Attached is a patch against binutils-config-1.9-r4 to use ld-wrapper
> from "toolchain-prefix-wrapper-0.svn69".
>
> Currently I'm remerging system on aix5.3 - looks very good...

Although there is a bug in version 0.svn69 of toolchain-prefix-wrapper
generating wrong runpath, I've remerged system except sys-apps/file:
strange, isn't it ?

However, I've made version 0.svn70 of toolchain-prefix-wrapper.
In binutils-config-1.9-r4.ebuild only one line needs to be changed:

-W_VER="0.svn69"
+W_VER="0.svn70"

With this version I've been able to emerge sys-apps/file too.

/haubi/