proper speakup installation

Jude DaShiell
I am doing a gentoo installation and would like to know what else beyond
the gentoo handbook basic installation instructions needs to be done to
have speakup come up talking again on my sound card as it now does during
the install process since I used speakup.synth=soft on the boot line when
starting the install process up.  Perhaps a more general question would be
does a generic way exist to have all boot parameters I used come over onto
the hard drive permanently for me?  Having skimmed Chapter 7 of the
handbook, genkernel sounds promising once the prerequisite steps are
handled.  I don't know if that will be my best route so figured I'd best
ask here first.  I may get interested in gnome and orca later if the hard
drive decides not to suicide shortly.  I had another hard drive die on me
last week and am not interested in doing all of this installation work
just to have it all go up in smoke.

jude <[hidden email]>

Re: proper speakup installation

likewhoa-2
Enable CONFIG_SPEAKUP & CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_SOFT in your kernel which should appear under 'Device Drivers -> Staging Drivers' then add espeakup to boot run level. espeakup is available on the app-accessibility/espeakup package. Then last is to add the speakup.synth=soft kernel parameter.

good luck,
likewhoa

--
likewhoa <[hidden email]>