rcadd and rcdel

Tod Herman
Trying to set livecd/rcdel: alsasound so that autoconfig can do the honors.  But the setting doesn't seem to be taking as the filesystem on the livecd always show the alsasound link in /etc/runlevels/default.  Shouldn't setting rcdel: alsasound remove all runlevel links to alsasound script?

Re: rcadd and rcdel

Tod Herman
To be more specific...my rcadd and rcdel lines were as follows
livecd/rcadd: net.eth0:default
livecd/rcdel: alsasound:default  (also tried just alsasound without the specific runlevel)

The results:

Running rc-update.sh in chroot /var/tmp/catalyst2/tmp/default/livecd-stage2-i686-2006.0/
 * iptables not found in any of the specified runlevels.
 * netmount removed from the following runlevels: default
 * rc-update complete.
 * autoconfig added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
 * keymaps removed from the following runlevels: boot
 * rc-update complete.
 * serial not found in any of the specified runlevels.
 * consolefont removed from the following runlevels: boot
 * rc-update complete.
 * modules already installed in runlevel boot; skipping
 * pwgen added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
 * splash added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
 * syslog-ng added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
 * alsasound added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
 * hdparm added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
Adding net.eth0:default to net.eth0:default
Runlevel net.eth0:default doesn't exist .... creating it
 * /sbin/rc-update: /etc/init.d/net.eth0:default not found; aborting.
 * alsasound:default not found in any of the specified runlevels.
boot: Empty runlevel found.... deleting
rmdir: `/etc/runlevels/boot': Directory not empty
default: Empty runlevel found.... deleting
rmdir: `/etc/runlevels/default': Directory not empty
net.eth0:default: Empty runlevel found.... deleting
nonetwork: Empty runlevel found.... deleting
rmdir: `/etc/runlevels/nonetwork': Directory not empty
single: Empty runlevel found.... deleting

Seems the script isn't separating the service from the runlevel correctly and it's finding runlevels empty that aren't empty.

Trying to set livecd/rcdel: alsasound so that autoconfig can do the honors.  But the setting doesn't seem to be taking as the filesystem on the livecd always show the alsasound link in /etc/runlevels/default.  Shouldn't setting rcdel: alsasound remove all runlevel links to alsasound script?

Re: rcadd and rcdel

Andrew Gaffney
Tod Herman wrote:
> To be more specific...my rcadd and rcdel lines were as follows
> livecd/rcadd: net.eth0:default
> livecd/rcdel: alsasound:default  (also tried just alsasound without the specific runlevel)

I believe the runlevel separator is now | instead of :

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project

Re: rcadd and rcdel

Tod Herman
Well, that would make a difference.  But I thought the  rcdel: alsasound
line would remove alsasound from all runlevels.  Instead it tells me
that alsasound wasn't found in any runlevels when in fact it was jut
placed in the default runlevel only a few moments before.  Do you now
have to always include a runlevel?