sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Stefan G. Weichinger-3

upgrading from sys-apps/systemd-236-r5 to 239-r2

the emerge runs through and warns me that it overwrites files ... so it
merges only partially ...

after that I see:

# systemctl --version
systemd 239

(which is OK)


# eix -I systemd

[U] sys-apps/systemd
     Available versions:  239-r2(0/2)

     Installed versions:  236-r5

(which is scary)

How to clean that up?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Danny YUE
On 2018-11-19 08:14, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> upgrading from sys-apps/systemd-236-r5 to 239-r2
>
> the emerge runs through and warns me that it overwrites files ... so it
> merges only partially ...
>
> after that I see:
>
> # systemctl --version
> systemd 239
>
> (which is OK)
>
>
> # eix -I systemd
>
> [U] sys-apps/systemd
>      Available versions:  239-r2(0/2)
>
>      Installed versions:  236-r5
>
> (which is scary)
>
> How to clean that up?

Have you tried to run `eix-update`?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Stefan G. Weichinger-3
Am 19.11.18 um 08:19 schrieb YUE Daian:

> Have you tried to run `eix-update`?

For sure. Repeated right now, doesn't change the output of "eix -I"



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Neil Bothwick
In reply to this post by Stefan G. Weichinger-3
On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 08:14:38 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> upgrading from sys-apps/systemd-236-r5 to 239-r2
>
> the emerge runs through and warns me that it overwrites files ... so it
> merges only partially ...

What's the exact error message? You may get a suggested solution based on
this vague description of the problem but it may not be the right one, or
even safe.

Normally emerge will put up a warning like this before installing
anything.


--
Neil Bothwick

Press button to test: release to detonate.

attachment0 (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Stefan G. Weichinger-3
Am 19.11.18 um 09:41 schrieb Neil Bothwick:

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 08:14:38 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>
>> upgrading from sys-apps/systemd-236-r5 to 239-r2
>>
>> the emerge runs through and warns me that it overwrites files ...
>> so it merges only partially ...
>
> What's the exact error message? You may get a suggested solution
> based on this vague description of the problem but it may not be
> the right one, or even safe.
>
> Normally emerge will put up a warning like this before installing
> anything.

pasted error msg below

pls ignore that locale issue, comes from my fedora desktop (seems to
set the variables through ssh as well ... I know how to fix the locale
but I'm lazy)




---

* Package 'sys-apps/systemd-239-r2' merged despite file collisions. If
 * necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
 * above message.
/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 190:
warning: setlocale: LC_NUMERIC: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 192:
warning: setlocale: LC_TIME: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 190:
warning: setlocale: LC_NUMERIC: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 192:
warning: setlocale: LC_TIME: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
!!! Failed to copy extended attributes. In order to avoid this error,
!!! set FEATURES="-xattr" in make.conf.
!!! copy
/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/image/var/log/journal/remote/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0
-> /var/log/journal/remote/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0 failed.
!!! Filesystem containing file
'/var/log/journal/remote/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0#new' does not
support extended attribute 'system.posix_acl_access'
/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 190:
warning: setlocale: LC_NUMERIC: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
/var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 192:
warning: setlocale: LC_TIME: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)

 * Messages for package sys-apps/systemd-239-r2:

 *   CONFIG_CGROUP_BPF: is not set when it should be.
 * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
 * Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.

 * Messages for package sys-apps/systemd-239-r2:

 * This package will overwrite one or more files that may belong to other
 * packages (see list below). You can use a command such as `portageq
 * owners / <filename>` to identify the installed package that owns a
 * file. If portageq reports that only one package owns a file then do
 * NOT file a bug report. A bug report is only useful if it identifies at
 * least two or more packages that are known to install the same file(s).
 * If a collision occurs and you can not explain where the file came from
 * then you should simply ignore the collision since there is not enough
 * information to determine if a real problem exists. Please do NOT file
 * a bug report at https://bugs.gentoo.org/ unless you report exactly
 * which two packages install the same file(s). See
 * https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Knowledge_Base:Blockers for tips on how
 * to solve the problem. And once again, please do NOT file a bug report
 * unless you have completely understood the above message.
 *
 * Detected file collision(s):
 *
 * /lib64/libsystemd.so.0.23.0
 * /lib64/libudev.so.1.6.11
 * /lib/systemd/systemd-time-wait-sync
 * /lib/systemd/systemd-portabled
 * /lib/systemd/portablectl
 * /lib/systemd/systemd-user-runtime-dir
 * /lib/systemd/libsystemd-shared-239.so
 * /lib/systemd/portable/profile/trusted/service.conf
 * /lib/systemd/portable/profile/strict/service.conf
 * /lib/systemd/portable/profile/nonetwork/service.conf
 * /lib/systemd/portable/profile/default/service.conf
 * /lib/systemd/system/system-update-pre.target
 * /lib/systemd/system/suspend-then-hibernate.target
 * /lib/systemd/system/user-runtime-dir@.service
 * /lib/systemd/system/systemd-time-wait-sync.service
 * /lib/systemd/system/systemd-portabled.service
 * /lib/systemd/system/systemd-suspend-then-hibernate.service
 * /lib/systemd/system/user-.slice.d/10-defaults.conf
 * /usr/bin/resolvectl
 * /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/portables.conf
 * /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/systemd.mo
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/NEWS.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/TODO.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/nsswitch.conf.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/UIDS-GIDS.md.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/README.md.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/TRANSLATORS.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/README.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/TRANSIENT-SETTINGS.md.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/GVARIANT-SERIALIZATION.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/HACKING.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/LICENSE.LGPL2.1.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/ENVIRONMENT.md.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/LICENSE.GPL2.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/CODING_STYLE.bz2
 * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/DISTRO_PORTING.bz2
 * /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/resolvectl
 * /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/portablectl
 * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.timedate1.policy
 * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.resolve1.policy
 * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.portable1.policy
 * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.machine1.policy
 * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.locale1.policy
 * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.hostname1.policy
 * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.systemd1.policy
 * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.login1.policy
 * /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.timesync1.service
 * /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.portable1.service
 * /usr/share/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.timesync1.conf
 * /usr/share/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.portable1.conf
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_set_destroy_callback.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_add_inotify.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_slot_set_destroy_callback.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_slot_set_floating.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_set_watch_bind.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_set_sender.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_set_connected_signal.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_message_set_destination.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_n_queued_read.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_is_open.3.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_get_destroy_callback.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_destroy_t.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_set_io_fd_own.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_get_io_fd_own.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_get_inotify_mask.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_inotify_handler_t.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_slot_get_floating.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_track_set_destroy_callback.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_track_get_destroy_callback.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_slot_get_destroy_callback.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_destroy_t.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_watch_bind.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_sender.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_connected_signal.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_request_name_async.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_release_name_async.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_message_set_sender.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_is_ready.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_n_queued_write.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_match_signal_async.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_match_signal.3
 * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_add_match_async.3
 * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-time-wait-sync.service.8.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-rc-local-generator.8.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-portabled.service.8.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-time-wait-sync.8
 * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-suspend-then-hibernate.service.8
 * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-portabled.8
 * /usr/share/man/man7/systemd.syntax.7.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man7/systemd-boot.7.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man7/sd-boot.7
 * /usr/share/man/man1/resolvectl.1.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man1/portablectl.1.bz2
 * /usr/share/man/man1/resolvconf.1
 * /usr/share/man/man5/loader.conf.5.bz2
 * /lib/systemd/system/dbus-org.freedesktop.portable1.service
 *
 * Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
 *
 * Press Ctrl-C to Stop
 *
 * None of the installed packages claim the file(s).
 *
 * Package 'sys-apps/systemd-239-r2' merged despite file collisions. If
 * necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
 * above message.

 * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

 * IMPORTANT: 50 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Neil Bothwick
On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:14:01 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> >> upgrading from sys-apps/systemd-236-r5 to 239-r2
> >>
> >> the emerge runs through and warns me that it overwrites files ...
> >> so it merges only partially ...  
> >
> > What's the exact error message? You may get a suggested solution
> > based on this vague description of the problem but it may not be
> > the right one, or even safe.
> >
> > Normally emerge will put up a warning like this before installing
> > anything.  
>
> pasted error msg below
>
> ---
>
> * Package 'sys-apps/systemd-239-r2' merged despite file collisions. If
>  * necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
>  * above message.
According to this the file collisions were ignore and the updated package
installed, so either something else prevented the installation from
completing or eix is confused.

What version does "qlist ICv systemd" show?

How about "ls -ld /var/db/pkg/sys-apps/systemd-*"?


> /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 190:
> warning: setlocale: LC_NUMERIC: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
> /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 192:
> warning: setlocale: LC_TIME: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
> /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 190:
> warning: setlocale: LC_NUMERIC: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
> /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 192:
> warning: setlocale: LC_TIME: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
> !!! Failed to copy extended attributes. In order to avoid this error,
> !!! set FEATURES="-xattr" in make.conf.
> !!! copy
> /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/image/var/log/journal/remote/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0
> -> /var/log/journal/remote/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0 failed.  
> !!! Filesystem containing file
> '/var/log/journal/remote/.keep_sys-apps_systemd-0#new' does not
> support extended attribute 'system.posix_acl_access'
> /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 190:
> warning: setlocale: LC_NUMERIC: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
> /var/tmp/portage/sys-apps/systemd-239-r2/temp/environment: line 192:
> warning: setlocale: LC_TIME: cannot change locale (de_AT.UTF-8)
>
>  * Messages for package sys-apps/systemd-239-r2:
>
>  *   CONFIG_CGROUP_BPF: is not set when it should be.
>  * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
>  * Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
>
>  * Messages for package sys-apps/systemd-239-r2:
>
>  * This package will overwrite one or more files that may belong to
> other
>  * packages (see list below). You can use a command such as `portageq
>  * owners / <filename>` to identify the installed package that owns a
>  * file. If portageq reports that only one package owns a file then do
>  * NOT file a bug report. A bug report is only useful if it identifies
> at
>  * least two or more packages that are known to install the same
> file(s).
>  * If a collision occurs and you can not explain where the file came
> from
>  * then you should simply ignore the collision since there is not enough
>  * information to determine if a real problem exists. Please do NOT file
>  * a bug report at https://bugs.gentoo.org/ unless you report exactly
>  * which two packages install the same file(s). See
>  * https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Knowledge_Base:Blockers for tips on how
>  * to solve the problem. And once again, please do NOT file a bug report
>  * unless you have completely understood the above message.
>  *
>  * Detected file collision(s):
>  *
>  * /lib64/libsystemd.so.0.23.0
>  * /lib64/libudev.so.1.6.11
>  * /lib/systemd/systemd-time-wait-sync
>  * /lib/systemd/systemd-portabled
>  * /lib/systemd/portablectl
>  * /lib/systemd/systemd-user-runtime-dir
>  * /lib/systemd/libsystemd-shared-239.so
>  * /lib/systemd/portable/profile/trusted/service.conf
>  * /lib/systemd/portable/profile/strict/service.conf
>  * /lib/systemd/portable/profile/nonetwork/service.conf
>  * /lib/systemd/portable/profile/default/service.conf
>  * /lib/systemd/system/system-update-pre.target
>  * /lib/systemd/system/suspend-then-hibernate.target
>  * /lib/systemd/system/user-runtime-dir@.service
>  * /lib/systemd/system/systemd-time-wait-sync.service
>  * /lib/systemd/system/systemd-portabled.service
>  * /lib/systemd/system/systemd-suspend-then-hibernate.service
>  * /lib/systemd/system/user-.slice.d/10-defaults.conf
>  * /usr/bin/resolvectl
>  * /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/portables.conf
>  * /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/systemd.mo
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/NEWS.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/TODO.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/nsswitch.conf.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/UIDS-GIDS.md.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/README.md.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/TRANSLATORS.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/README.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/TRANSIENT-SETTINGS.md.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/GVARIANT-SERIALIZATION.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/HACKING.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/LICENSE.LGPL2.1.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/ENVIRONMENT.md.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/LICENSE.GPL2.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/CODING_STYLE.bz2
>  * /usr/share/doc/systemd-239-r2/DISTRO_PORTING.bz2
>  * /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/resolvectl
>  * /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/portablectl
>  * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.timedate1.policy
>  * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.resolve1.policy
>  * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.portable1.policy
>  * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.machine1.policy
>  * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.locale1.policy
>  * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.hostname1.policy
>  * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.systemd1.policy
>  * /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.login1.policy
>  *
> /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.timesync1.service
>  *
> /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.portable1.service
>  * /usr/share/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.timesync1.conf
>  * /usr/share/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.portable1.conf
>  *
> /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_set_destroy_callback.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_add_inotify.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_slot_set_destroy_callback.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_slot_set_floating.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_set_watch_bind.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_set_sender.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_set_connected_signal.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_message_set_destination.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_n_queued_read.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_is_open.3.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_get_destroy_callback.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_destroy_t.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_set_io_fd_own.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_get_io_fd_own.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_source_get_inotify_mask.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_event_inotify_handler_t.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_slot_get_floating.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_track_set_destroy_callback.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_track_get_destroy_callback.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_slot_get_destroy_callback.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_destroy_t.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_watch_bind.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_sender.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_connected_signal.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_request_name_async.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_release_name_async.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_message_set_sender.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_is_ready.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_get_n_queued_write.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_match_signal_async.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_match_signal.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man3/sd_bus_add_match_async.3
>  * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-time-wait-sync.service.8.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-rc-local-generator.8.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-portabled.service.8.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-time-wait-sync.8
>  * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-suspend-then-hibernate.service.8
>  * /usr/share/man/man8/systemd-portabled.8
>  * /usr/share/man/man7/systemd.syntax.7.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man7/systemd-boot.7.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man7/sd-boot.7
>  * /usr/share/man/man1/resolvectl.1.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man1/portablectl.1.bz2
>  * /usr/share/man/man1/resolvconf.1
>  * /usr/share/man/man5/loader.conf.5.bz2
>  * /lib/systemd/system/dbus-org.freedesktop.portable1.service
>  *
>  * Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
>  *
>  * Press Ctrl-C to Stop
>  *
>  * None of the installed packages claim the file(s).
>  *
>  * Package 'sys-apps/systemd-239-r2' merged despite file collisions. If
>  * necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole content of the
>  * above message.
>
>  * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
>
>  * IMPORTANT: 50 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
>  * Use eselect news read to view new items.
>



--
Neil Bothwick

I work with User-Surly Software.

attachment0 (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Stefan G. Weichinger-3
Am 20.11.18 um 10:19 schrieb Neil Bothwick:

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:14:01 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>
>>>> upgrading from sys-apps/systemd-236-r5 to 239-r2
>>>>
>>>> the emerge runs through and warns me that it overwrites files
>>>> ... so it merges only partially ...
>>>
>>> What's the exact error message? You may get a suggested
>>> solution based on this vague description of the problem but it
>>> may not be the right one, or even safe.
>>>
>>> Normally emerge will put up a warning like this before
>>> installing anything.
>>
>> pasted error msg below
>>
>> ---
>>
>> * Package 'sys-apps/systemd-239-r2' merged despite file
>> collisions. If * necessary, refer to your elog messages for the
>> whole content of the * above message.
>
> According to this the file collisions were ignore and the updated
> package installed, so either something else prevented the
> installation from completing or eix is confused.
>
> What version does "qlist ICv systemd" show?

No version, just a long list of files.

> How about "ls -ld /var/db/pkg/sys-apps/systemd-*"?

# ls -ld /var/db/pkg/sys-apps/systemd-*
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 15  2018
/var/db/pkg/sys-apps/systemd-236-r5

but:

# systemctl --version
systemd 239

and to even make it more interesting:

# dmesg -t | grep systemd   # last lines ...


[Sat Nov 17 10:42:14 2018] systemd[1]: systemd 238 running in system
mode. (+PAM -AUDIT -SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK -SYSVINIT +UTMP
-LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT -GNUTLS +ACL -XZ +LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID -ELFUTILS
+KMOD -IDN2 -IDN +PCRE2 default-hierarchy=hybrid)
[Sat Nov 17 10:42:14 2018] systemd[1]: Detected architecture x86-64.
[Sat Nov 17 10:42:14 2018] systemd[1]: File
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-journald.service:35 configures an IP
firewall (IPAddressDeny=any), but the local system does not support
BPF/cgroup based firewalling.
[Sat Nov 17 10:42:14 2018] systemd[1]: Proceeding WITHOUT firewalling
in effect! (This warning is only shown for the first loaded unit using
IP firewalling.)
[Sat Nov 17 10:51:01 2018] systemd[1]: Reloading.
[Sat Nov 17 10:51:01 2018] systemd[1]:
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-journald.service:32: Unknown system call
group, ignoring: @system-service
[Sat Nov 17 10:51:01 2018] systemd[1]:
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-udevd.service:28: Unknown lvalue
'PrivateMounts' in section 'Service'
[Sat Nov 17 10:51:01 2018] systemd[1]:
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-udevd.service:32: Unknown system call
group, ignoring: @system-service
[Sat Nov 17 10:51:01 2018] systemd[1]:
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-timesyncd.service:41: Unknown system call
group, ignoring: @system-service
[Sat Nov 17 10:51:01 2018] systemd[1]:
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-machined.service:26: Unknown system call
group, ignoring: @system-service
[Sat Nov 17 10:51:01 2018] systemd[1]:
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-logind.service:33: Unknown system call
group, ignoring: @system-service
[Sat Nov 17 10:51:01 2018] systemd[1]:
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-resolved.service:41: Unknown system call
group, ignoring: @system-service
[Sat Nov 17 10:51:01 2018] systemd[1]:
/lib/systemd/system/systemd-networkd.service:38: Unknown system call
group, ignoring: @system-service
[Mon Nov 19 19:26:34 2018] systemd-journald[226]: Failed to set ACL on
/var/log/journal/9ce1e483f41dcc57a00e5611521d1771/user-1018.journal,
ignoring: Operation not supported

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Neil Bothwick
On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 10:49:27 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> > What version does "qlist ICv systemd" show?  
>
> No version, just a long list of files.

That should have been "qlist -ICv systemd"


--
Neil Bothwick

Do you realize how many holes there could be if people would just take
the time to take the dirt out of them?

attachment0 (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Stefan G. Weichinger-3
Am 20.11.18 um 11:19 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 10:49:27 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>
>>> What version does "qlist ICv systemd" show?
>>
>> No version, just a long list of files.
>
> That should have been "qlist -ICv systemd"



thanks ->

# qlist -ICv systemd
sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-7
sys-apps/systemd-236-r5

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Neil Bothwick
On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 11:33:03 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> >>> What version does "qlist ICv systemd" show?  
> >>
> >> No version, just a long list of files.  
> >
> > That should have been "qlist -ICv systemd"  
>
>
>
> thanks ->
>
> # qlist -ICv systemd
> sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-7
> sys-apps/systemd-236-r5
Since no one else has come up with anything less kludgy, and I assume you
have already tried reinstalling systemd, I can only think of unmerging
and re-emerging it, after making a package with quickpkg.


--
Neil Bothwick

DOS never says "EXCELLENT command or filename"...

attachment0 (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Stefan G. Weichinger-3
Am 23.11.18 um 09:36 schrieb Neil Bothwick:

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 11:33:03 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>
>>>>> What version does "qlist ICv systemd" show?
>>>>
>>>> No version, just a long list of files.
>>>
>>> That should have been "qlist -ICv systemd"
>>
>>
>>
>> thanks ->
>>
>> # qlist -ICv systemd sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-7
>> sys-apps/systemd-236-r5
>
> Since no one else has come up with anything less kludgy, and I
> assume you have already tried reinstalling systemd, I can only
> think of unmerging and re-emerging it, after making a package with
> quickpkg.

As long as everything works ... I'd like to avoid this on a productive
system that is hundreds of kilometers away.

But yes, I agree basically.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: sys-apps/systemd-239-r2 does not install completely

Stefan G. Weichinger-3
Am 23.11.18 um 10:09 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

>>> # qlist -ICv systemd sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-7
>>> sys-apps/systemd-236-r5
>>
>> Since no one else has come up with anything less kludgy, and I
>> assume you have already tried reinstalling systemd, I can only
>> think of unmerging and re-emerging it, after making a package with
>> quickpkg.
>
> As long as everything works ... I'd like to avoid this on a productive
> system that is hundreds of kilometers away.
>
> But yes, I agree basically.

I am back at that server and noticed that systemd-journald does not
start anymore for a while.

Adding "FEATURES=-xattr" I was able to install systemd-239 now ... at
least it doesn't complain anymore and emerges OK after the n-th time
(overwriting its own files now).

After fiddling with journald-sockets and stuff I went for a reboot. Now
no more --failed units.