system clock screwed up since last ntpd update...

system clock screwed up since last ntpd update...

tuxic
Hi,

The softclock is running UTC instead of UTC+1 (Europe/Berlin).

I checked /etc/conf.d/hwclock, which sets hwclock to UTC.
Nothing changed here.

/etc/timezone is Europe/Berlin, which is also fine.

From /etc/conf.d/ntpd the option "-g" was removed, since
the updated version of ntpd doesn't like that one that much...

ntpd is running and below /etc no configuration update is missing.

The only thing I missing currentlu is the correct time display...

Cheers!
Meino

Re: system clock screwed up since last ntpd update...

Andrew Savchenko
On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 19:45:18 +0100 [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The softclock is running UTC instead of UTC+1 (Europe/Berlin).
>
> I checked /etc/conf.d/hwclock, which sets hwclock to UTC.
> Nothing changed here.
>
> /etc/timezone is Europe/Berlin, which is also fine.
>
> From /etc/conf.d/ntpd the option "-g" was removed, since
> the updated version of ntpd doesn't like that one that much...
>
> ntpd is running and below /etc no configuration update is missing.
>
> The only thing I missing currentlu is the correct time display...
What is exactly wrong with you time? How exactly it is not correct?
Is it of by an hour or some random value or what?

Is your kernel configured with CONFIG_RTC_HCTOSYS and
CONFIG_RTC_SYSTOHC?

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko

Re: system clock screwed up since last ntpd update...

Wols Lists
On 14/12/2018 18:45, [hidden email] wrote:
> ntpd is running and below /etc no configuration update is missing.
>
> The only thing I missing currentlu is the correct time display...

What is it that is displaying the date? I often have that sort of
problem where all of a sudden the clock starts displaying UTC when it
should be displaying GMT/BST.

Thing is, it's the KDE Clock, and the KDE settings that are messed up.

Cheers,
Wol