systemd-240 doesn't load my kernel modules

systemd-240 doesn't load my kernel modules

Helmut Jarausch-2
Hi,

I have systemd and openrc installed on my system, but I use openrc for
booting.
Upto systemd-239 this works just fine.
But with systemd-240 my system doesn't load necessary kernel modules
like DRM AMDGPU modules.
This break Xorg :

(EE) open /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory

Has anybody an idea what is different under systemd-240 in comparison
to systemd-239?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut

Re: systemd-240 doesn't load my kernel modules

Andrew Savchenko
Hi!

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 13:14:07 +0100 Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have systemd and openrc installed on my system, but I use openrc for
> booting.
> Upto systemd-239 this works just fine.
> But with systemd-240 my system doesn't load necessary kernel modules
> like DRM AMDGPU modules.
> This break Xorg :
>
> (EE) open /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory
>
> Has anybody an idea what is different under systemd-240 in comparison
> to systemd-239?
This is a known bug in udev-240 (and systemd-240):

It should be fixed in the latest versions in tree.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko