unaligned access

Davide Cittaro-2
Hi there, I've submitted what I'm writing here to bugzilla, but I hope I may find some "quick" help here.
I've just installed Gentoo on my ia64 machines and I get Unaligned access error as I run some apps like R and mysql (also perl scripts that load DBD-mysql module). It should be harmless for the applications but in addition to system messages, I have "unaligned access" messages to STDOUT as I run mysql, and this is not that nice. Any hints? Suggestions?

Thanks
/*
Davide Cittaro
HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core

IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

tel.: +39(02)574303355
*/

Re: unaligned access

Davide Cittaro-2
Hi Humberto

On Oct 24, 2006, at 2:17 AM, Humberto Nanni wrote:

You may want to read this doc . It describes how to keep them away from anoying your console.

I've tried dmesg -n4 but nothing happens... Also which ebuild is available for prctl? I can't find anything with emerge --search

Those messages are warnigns of a not so serious problem, but a problem that may impact performace. The real way to fix them is to touch the source code, which will be very welcome. |The document also describes how to find the culprit line of code.

I'll try to debug it, then, thanks

/*