unsubscribe

Pawel Kilian

On Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 11:06 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Topics (messages 140 through 144):

[gentoo-bsd] New Gentoo/FreeBSD 9.0 stages for x86 and amd64
140 - Alexis Ballier <[hidden email]>

RES: [gentoo-bsd] New Gentoo/FreeBSD 9.0 stages for x86 and amd64
141 - "Eduardo Schoedler" <[hidden email]>

[gentoo-bsd] New Gentoo/FreeBSD 9.0 stages for x86 and amd64
142 - Alexis Ballier <[hidden email]>

[gentoo-bsd] New Gentoo/FreeBSD 9.0 stages for x86 and amd64
143 - Richard Yao <[hidden email]>

[gentoo-bsd] New Gentoo/FreeBSD 9.0 stages for x86 and amd64
144 - Alexis Ballier <[hidden email]>

From: Eduardo Schoedler <[hidden email]>
Reply To: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email], [hidden email]
Date: Saturday, May 5, 2012 3:08:35 PM

Great work, thanks!

--
Eduardo Schoedler

From: Richard Yao <[hidden email]>
Reply To: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Cc: Alexis Ballier <[hidden email]>, [hidden email]
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:22:50 AM

On 05/08/12 08:49, Alexis Ballier wrote:

Some updates:
- python3 is set as the default interpreter, remember to switch it to
python2 or you might run into problems; anybody knows how did they fix
this for gentoo linux when python3 reached stable ?
- creating pie executables is broken: they'll get textrels on x86 and
will simply not link on amd64; will send a patch to gcc fixing this.

A.

Why is python3 the default interpreter if people might run into problems
because of it?

On 05/08/12 08:49, Alexis Ballier wrote:

Some updates:
- python3 is set as the default interpreter, remember to switch it
to python2 or you might run into problems; anybody knows how did
they fix this for gentoo linux when python3 reached stable ?
- creating pie executables is broken: they'll get textrels on x86
and will simply not link on amd64; will send a patch to gcc fixing
this.

A.

Why is python3 the default interpreter if people might run into
problems because of it?

probably because it gets built and installed before python2 and python
ebuilds made it the default back then...