viewing quicktime online

Harry Putnam
What do I need to do to be able to view a quicktime video online?

I see a couple of quicktime library packages but neithers website
mention plugin tools for Mozilla.

I'm guessing there are viewers available that employ these libs.
But need to know what combination of things I need.

Re: viewing quicktime online

Holly Bostick
Harry Putnam schreef:
> What do I need to do to be able to view a quicktime video online?
>
> I see a couple of quicktime library packages but neithers website
> mention plugin tools for Mozilla.
>
> I'm guessing there are viewers available that employ these libs. But
> need to know what combination of things I need.

mplayerplug-in

net-www/mplayerplug-in
     Available versions:  2.80 2.85 3.11
     Installed:           3.11
     Homepage:            http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/

MPlayer Media Types Supported
Window Media   wmv, avi, asf, wav and asx
QuickTime mov and smil
MPEG Video and Audio mpeg and mp3
Ogg Vorbis ogg
AutoDesk FLI fli and flc
Vivo vivo
Real Player ram and rm

is probably the best-known of these tools, but there are others;

there is a package called 'mozplugger', which supports several formats
(possibly more than mplayerplug-in), as well as the older
netscape-plugger on which it is based,; gxine creates a plugin for web
browsers (plain xine might do so as well, I'm not sure); so does
realplayer, iirc; and you can also install QuickTime itself using Wine
or Crossover Office, which will also give you a browser plugin.

HTH,
Holly

Re: viewing quicktime online

Harry Putnam

[...] snipped lots of good info

Holly Bostick <[hidden email]> writes:

> net-www/mplayerplug-in

Thanks for a very complete answer Holly.  Soon as Cineralla(sp?)
finished compiling and pulling in deps I'll get that one done too.

Re: viewing quicktime online

Nick Rout
emerge net-www/mplayerplug-in